Audio Bitrate is causing Video Problems for me in Priemire

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Audio Bitrate is causing Video Problems for me in Priemire

Post by Brokenangelus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:25 pm

I'm right now making my second AMV using a few episodes of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and whenever I try to import the episodes, I get a message in premiere that says that the Audio Bit rate in the file is one that is incompatible with the program (a later check shows that the audio bit rate is 192kbps) This would be fine, since I don't need the audio from the original episode anyways, but it won't let me upload it at all. I have no idea what to do! Do I need to find new raws or is there a way to convert the files?

PS. I'm sorry if this is the wrong board. I thought this would be the best place for it, but I wasn't sure.

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:39 pm

what format are the movie clips in? The ones you're trying to import into premiere.

Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Post by Brokenangelus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:03 pm

M.H.A.Q.S. wrote:what format are the movie clips in? The ones you're trying to import into premiere.
AVI, and the video bit rate is 123kbps.

The audio is MPEG layer 3.

Those are the only properties that I think could effect it.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:26 pm

You can strip the audio from the file and leave only the video stream -- and you don't even have to recompress the video to do it.

- Open the AVI in VirtualDubMod.
- On the Video menu, select "Direct stream copy".
- Go to the Streams list, under the Streams menu. Right-click on the audio stream in the list that comes up and select "Disable".
- File --> Save As... and save with a new filename.

(This assumes you have VirtualDubMod 1.5.x.x. For earlier versions, you have an Audio menu instead of a Streams menu, and there should be an option to disable the audio right on the menu.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:40 am

Brokenangelus wrote:
M.H.A.Q.S. wrote:what format are the movie clips in? The ones you're trying to import into premiere.
AVI, and the video bit rate is 123kbps.

The audio is MPEG layer 3.

Those are the only properties that I think could effect it.
Just so we all are on the same page, and for future reference, AVI is not a proper answer. AVI is a multimedia container format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave) which can contain a variety of different audio and video data streams. I think what M.H.A.Q.S. wanted to know was what codec is the video in question encoded with.

Some good tools for analyzing video files with are:
AVIcodec - the beta supports FLV files
GSpot - has support for MP4 files
MediaInfo - also analyzes MKV files

I primarily use MediaInfo now as it has better integration and can analyze the widest array of files, but GSpot has some unique features that come in handy sometimes, and AVIcodec is a very simple program to use and understand.

Back to the original subject, I suspect that the problems you are having is that the files contain MP3 audio and most editing programs don't like editing with compressed audio like MP3. I also suspect that the video file in question is encoded in a lossy codec like DivX, XviD or WMV.

Ideally, you'd want to convert your files into something more editable, but this means using a lossless codec like Huffyuv or Lagarith and they take up a lot of hard drive space.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Post by Brokenangelus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:59 pm

I downloaded VirtualDubMod, but I cannot find something that will allow me to delete the Audio Stream in the Streams list. Also, I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this or not, but when I press the play button, I only get the audio, not the video. Is there something wrong with this? V_V;;

Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Post by Brokenangelus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:40 pm

Ok. I've made some progress since then, but...

Well, First off the Codec is DivX 5. That's what MediaInfo says at least. Second, by clicking off the little speaker icon, I managed to make a version of the episode without Audio. But Adobe Premiere still said no, because the Audio Bit rate is still 192kbps.

Also, sorry about double posting, but it's not allowing me to edit or delete.

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:56 pm

Can there be a way on this forum that whoever is to post a problem relating to Adobe Premiere and WMM not opening DivX movies gets to see the ultimate signature banner!!!! >_>.

DON'T IMPORT DIVX MOVIES INTO PRIMIERE. They won't work, and i'm not shouting, im just trying to make it more clearer. :roll:

Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Post by Brokenangelus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:45 pm

M.H.A.Q.S. wrote:Can there be a way on this forum that whoever is to post a problem relating to Adobe Premiere and WMM not opening DivX movies gets to see the ultimate signature banner!!!! >_>.

DON'T IMPORT DIVX MOVIES INTO PRIMIERE. They won't work, and i'm not shouting, im just trying to make it more clearer. :roll:
>_< Sorry, Sorry. I didn't even know they were DIVX till now.

I guess I need new RAWs then. Great...*begins hunting*

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:36 am

Brokenangelus wrote: by clicking off the little speaker icon, I managed to make a version of the episode without Audio. But Adobe Premiere still said no, because the Audio Bit rate is still 192kbps.
HOLD ON A SEC - this kinda doesn't make sense - by speaker icon what exactly do you mean? and if premiere says you have audio - you still have audio attached to the file.

Return to “Adobe Software”