No effects Trick?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

No effects Trick?

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:42 pm

I am a bit pissed cause I just finished a Naruto AMV that I used a lot of effects for. It's going to mess it up if I actually delete some. It won't let me save to my comp and after I read the fact, I realized it was the use of my effects that did this.

I want to know, if I could change half the file into a .wmv and the other half also a .wmv, than save it to my comp and import it back into WMM, would this make it look like I used no effects to save it to my computer? I could submit both peices here, than when I have already combined and imported them into wmm, I could delete the two halves I used.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Re: No effects Trick?

Post by kikai_saigono » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:45 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote:I am a bit pissed cause I just finished a Naruto AMV that I used a lot of effects for. It's going to mess it up if I actually delete some. It won't let me save to my comp and after I read the fact, I realized it was the use of my effects that did this.

I want to know, if I could change half the file into a .wmv and the other half also a .wmv, than save it to my comp and import it back into WMM, would this make it look like I used no effects to save it to my computer? I could submit both peices here, than when I have already combined and imported them into wmm, I could delete the two halves I used.
I'm not sure why your computer isn't saving. It couldn't be the effects, because I'm sorry to say WMM doesn't have many effects to use....so...Your effects couldn't be the problem.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Didn't mean to quote that. >_O
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:59 pm

"3.)I’m having an error when saving the movie file?

This often happens when there are too many effects/transitions in your video and the program saved to a point and then hangs"

From the FAQ. It doesn't matter how many there are to choose from, I shrunk clips down to .13 seconds side by side to create a flashing effect to go with the music, to make sure it flash perfectly, I used Fade in and Fade out. Also considering the fact that I did that in like 5 or 6 parts of my video and we are talking about 9-12 clips of .13 seconds that are using Fade in and Fade out plus other effects in between that I used.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Odds are, your PC can't handle all that. I've done similar stuff including chaning the speed and other crap and never had a problem (not even for a 30min AMV using WMM). If you have a higher end PC... then it may just be WMM acting up as it normally does. I don't know if you can export portions of your video. I haven't use the program in over a year so I'm rusty.

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Krisqo wrote:Odds are, your PC can't handle all that. I've done similar stuff including chaning the speed and other crap and never had a problem (not even for a 30min AMV using WMM). If you have a higher end PC... then it may just be WMM acting up as it normally does. I don't know if you can export portions of your video. I haven't use the program in over a year so I'm rusty.
I just got this computer last January (Dell XPS 400). Why wouldn't it be able to handle it?

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote:"3.)I’m having an error when saving the movie file?

This often happens when there are too many effects/transitions in your video and the program saved to a point and then hangs"
Looks like I've been away from WMM longer than I thought. o.O
Krisqo wrote: I don't know if you can export portions of your video.
I bet he could do what he was thinking earlier and export different portions and then importing them back in WMM. Though it will KILL and I mean absolutely kill your quality.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:13 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:I bet he could do what he was thinking earlier and export different portions and then importing them back in WMM. Though it will KILL and I mean absolutely kill your quality.
Not if you export with DV AVI or <a href="http://www.aquilinestudios.org/VHQWMV2.prx">a really high bitrate WMV profile</a>.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Scintilla wrote:
kikai_saigono wrote:I bet he could do what he was thinking earlier and export different portions and then importing them back in WMM. Though it will KILL and I mean absolutely kill your quality.
Not if you export with DV AVI or <a href="http://www.aquilinestudios.org/VHQWMV2.prx">a really high bitrate WMV profile</a>.
Scin, do I save that to my videos folder? How do I open?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:49 pm

You save the .PRX file to the <b>C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles\</b> directory. Then, the next time you open up WMM and try to save a movie file, it should be available as a selectable profile, in the "Other" category (the same category that contains the DV AVI option).

It should give you a file that's about as big as a full-res DVD-compliant MPEG-2 would be.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”