Disorders and America

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:15 am

:roll: guess your not the one of those but if that will happen I shared some day's in your funeral I'll pay it for 5 days viewings.

starcat09
Org Profile

Post by starcat09 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm

~| Ch3aLs3A L!n@ |~ wrote::roll: guess your not the one of those but if that will happen I shared some day's in your funeral I'll pay it for 5 days viewings.
...what? o_O

I knew a bipolar guy. He was only being treated for the depression, though, and he could be pretty scary sometimes. Thankfully he's much better now, and is no longer as completely whacked-out as he was sometimes.

I'm glad the only actual mental problem I have is a phobia of the movie The Sixth Sense. Small, odd but not harmful, and easily avoided.

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:40 pm

The solution - disorder claiming disorder.
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 pm

CHAMELEON_D_H wrote:The solution - disorder claiming disorder.
:uhoh: umm......

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:06 pm

Personally, i don't believe in treating common 'disorders' like depression and ADD and what not with medication. I like dealing with my problems on my own, if a doctor ever said "Steve, you have ADD, here's some ritilin." I'd ask him if he knew kids on ritilin are 30% more likely to kill them selves, if said yes, i'd throw the bottle at him and tell him to go kill himself then. If he said no, then he shouldn't subscribe it if he doesn't know the effects and i'd be even more pissed. :x
As for the depression issue, everyone gets depressed. IF it's bad enough you cry every hour and can't leave your house, seek help, if not, deal with it on your own terms. Or go smoke some weed and see if that helps, at least it won't make u have a heart attack at 30 or commit suicide. :roll:
Strange that i'm pro-drug and anti-adrug at the same time, huh? :?

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:57 am

1 in 150 americans have Austism Spectrum Disorder. It used to be 166.

What the fuck. No, seriously, what the fuck is going on. And how many 'undiagnosed' are there? That other 150?

I'm sure you don't want a rant on the problems surrounding autism, from how its diagnosed to people now 'fighting' to be recognized as just different having a different neurotype or some such bullshit. Dumbfucks. That's great, you want your end of the spectrum recognized as just different, the asperger side that equates to a slight failing in social situations while spreading a soundbite message that autism is a single disorder that needs no cure. Anyways.

Let us then look at it from a new angle.
UK troops in Iraq suffer less than Americans wrote:British soldiers sent to Iraq have coped with the psychological stress of war far better than their US comrades, according to a new British study published yesterday. [May 17, 2006.]

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet, showed that Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder affected up to 20 percent of US personnel returning from the war zone, compared with just 4 percent of British troops.
What's the difference between the culturues? The fact that one is living on plane Web 2.fucktard and swallowing fix-it pills continually while the other lives in a far more reality oriented culture?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Thank you, Orwell. While sometimes cruel, I really think the old way of saying "Depression's just a phase, stop being a retard about it" was the best thing America had to cure depression. It's all a mental thing.

And even thought hat has little to nothing to do with autism... Well, I don't know what to say about autism, but I do know that people who say they have Aspergers(or even Aspergers actually becoming an illness) is utter bullshit to me.

What's the difference between Asperger's and being antisocial? What's the difference between ADD and being a normal person with a big imagination(really bad cases of ADD aside in that statement).

Call me an ass, but I've met people who have Asperger's in person, and they seem very normal, if using their illness as a FUCKING HUGE crutch, to me. So I'm going to continue saying it's a bullshit illness. Thanks.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:08 pm

I hate bleach. The smell of it, mostly. Use it to santize dishes where I work, and even after washing my hands three times, running near-scalding water over them for 30 seconds, taking a shower, and putting on lotion, I CAN STILL SMELL THE SHIT ON MY HANDS.

Besides covering them in something even more foul, anyone have a way to rid my hands of the bleach?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:09 pm

PS that's a real disorder imo bleach hands are deadly
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Besides covering them in something even more foul, anyone have a way to rid my hands of the bleach?
Pickle juice. Unless you consider the smell of vinegar to be foul. Me, it just makes me think of food. Can't go wrong there. Canibalism is a disorder, right? Like Alcoholism and fume-sniffing-ism?

/ontopic...maybe

Is there a clinical difference between a disorder and a disease? It just sounds like the one is a mood (depressed/overexcited/unmotivated/etc) while the other is a anything that requires expensive drugs to cure. Drugs for disorders only treat the symptoms. Like cold medicine.

Return to “General Discussion”