People whining about others stealing their AMVs...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:56 am

chealsealina wrote:Just :roll: wondering why Arigatomina doesn't like you
Because I'm quite sure Arigatomina can identify misogyny when she sees it.
yea in some point your right so i agree but what's the gud and better IDEA in that? Just keep your mouth shut up then watch other non-creator all the credits they get? :?
Complain on the tube, where this shit happens. Report them as violating the TOS if it really bothers you. Then forget about it. We don't want to hear about it on the org.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:13 am

godix wrote:
chealsealina wrote:Just :roll: wondering why Arigatomina doesn't like you
Because I'm quite sure Arigatomina can identify misogyny when she sees it.
well i don't wanna know about that what Arigatomina will say nor answer to that :roll: but do you think to yourself a better man after all :? (you want more than one wife :uhoh:)
godix wrote:
yea in some point your right so i agree but what's the gud and better IDEA in that? Just keep your mouth shut up then watch other non-creator all the credits they get? :?
Complain on the tube, where this shit happens. Report them as violating the TOS if it really bothers you. Then forget about it. We don't want to hear about it on the org.
I'm not sounds to be whining in that post (sorry if that's it's look like) just that's all I want to know.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:20 am

chealsealina wrote:but do you think to yourself a better man after all :? (you want more than one wife :uhoh:)
Actually I'd be quite happy with just one wife but I'd lose half my stuff trading the old and used one I have for an improved model I'd enjoy. So instead I plan on having two of them. Not the ideal choice but at least I get to keep my shit. It's a rough life being a man in a country with womens rights.

elvirasweeney
Org Profile

Post by elvirasweeney » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:21 am

godix wrote: But it does mean it's very hypocritical of us to steal so much that technically what we do is illegal but turn around and whine about being stolen from.
It is only hypocritical if there was very little creativity involved in making the AMV. So often, there is a lot of work and creativity involved.

A film editor also often uses someone else's footage and soundtrack, but they still edit and their editing is a unique creative act that transforms that footage into something new.

Sure, AMVs are different from regular film editing, but I think it's ludicrous to think that these videos don't transform the original anime into something very unique and different.
I understand why people get ticked someone on the tube put up their work unattributed but if they get so pissed that they'll turn around and bitch about it here, on a totally different site, as if it was a high crime then they really need to evaluate the ethical and legal implications of what they're doing.
Legal issues, yes. It isn't as if they can sue or anything, but they did make a transformative work and someone else is claiming ownership of it. Why shouldn't they feel angry about it? If the video was not worthy of appreciation and praise as a unique work, then no one would feel the need to lay claim to it (and therefore get praise for it).

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:32 am

godix wrote:
chealsealina wrote:but do you think to yourself a better man after all :? (you want more than one wife :uhoh:)
Actually I'd be quite happy with just one wife but I'd lose half my stuff trading the old and used one I have for an improved model I'd enjoy. So instead I plan on having two of them. Not the ideal choice but at least I get to keep my shit. It's a rough life being a man in a country with womens rights.
:shock: ah..hu!! so it comes out in your own mouth what Arigatomina means for you! :lol: well guess she will say against to that. :roll: Then if you want to live in MAN rules guess make it your own rights too i guess :? though it depends in other girls if they allow that :lol:

Also I agree in elvirasweeney to her last message :)

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:37 am

what? something about coming in mouths? :|
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:33 am

chealsealina wrote:
godix wrote:
:shock: ah..hu!! so it comes out in your own mouth what Arigatomina means for you! :lol: well guess she will say against to that. :roll: Then if you want to live in MAN rules guess make it your own rights too i guess :? though it depends in other girls if they allow that :lol:

Also I agree in elvirasweeney to her last message :)
It <i>looks</i> like the words are in english, yet when strung together they mean absolutely nothing.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:15 am

dokool wrote:It <i>looks</i> like the words are in english, yet when strung together they mean absolutely nothing.
I love it. It's like each post is an adventure.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Minion wrote:what? something about coming in mouths? :|
here what godix say to me is this
godix wrote:Not the ideal choice (This is pointing to ARI i guess though Ari isn't ideal choice for godix :shock:)
but at least I get to keep my shit. (this one is really shocking for me it looks like godix want her for fun or shit :shock:)
that want i say godix reveal what he wants for Arigatomina though I'm waiting what Ari will gonna say :roll:

I would say that is speakable and no comment for ARI.....
though one thing for godix this is why I don't like harem :roll: for sure.

elvirasweeney wrote: It is only hypocritical if there was very little creativity involved in making the AMV. So often, there is a lot of work and creativity involved.

A film editor also often uses someone else's footage and soundtrack, but they still edit and their editing is a unique creative act that transforms that footage into something new.

Sure, AMVs are different from regular film editing, but I think it's ludicrous to think that these videos don't transform the original anime into something very unique and different.
I am agree to this but you can't prove to someone steal your AMV that this is yours instead if you have a copyrights though how about other using only simple editing :?
elvirasweeney wrote:
I understand why people get ticked someone on the tube put up their work unattributed but if they get so pissed that they'll turn around and bitch about it here, on a totally different site, as if it was a high crime then they really need to evaluate the ethical and legal implications of what they're doing.
Legal issues, yes. It isn't as if they can sue or anything, but they did make a transformative work and someone else is claiming ownership of it. Why shouldn't they feel angry about it? If the video was not worthy of appreciation and praise as a unique work, then no one would feel the need to lay claim to it (and therefore get praise for it).
YES.... so you mean leave it like that bcuz you know to your self that he steal your AMV and make some changes but the credits goes on him and forget what he did :?

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:31 pm

Ch3aLs3A L!n@ wrote:...though I'm waiting what Ari will gonna say :roll:
Not a word. This is an OT forum, yeah, but I think we've spammed up the thread enough already.

Just forget it. Back to people whining about stolen vids...
...yeah..
Whiners suck.
People with legitimate complaints should voice them on the proper forum. That Site has a forum...I think. The next time someone complains here, just give them a link to the forum on That Site and lock the thread. We can go back to only complaining about locally hosted frankenstein vids and rip-offs. ^_^

Return to “General Discussion”