AE question

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
dowhatnow
Org Profile

AE question

Post by dowhatnow » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:41 am

I'm a total newbie to AE, and wish to learn more. I'm following along with Zarxrax's guide, and yet I have a question.

Is it possible to import an .avs file to work with it in AE? If not, how would I go about making a composition with a specific section of the source video?

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:49 am

jonnkakarotto wrote:Is it possible to import an .avs file to work with it in AE?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 251#760251

:wink:

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:02 am

Thanks. Just what I needed to see.

8-)

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:35 am

Another question:

Is there a way to trim the dummy .avi to a specific time frame as there is in Premiere? I messed with it a bit, and all I figured out how to do is drag the clip around until it got to the points I wanted. That takes entirely too long.

Help?

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 am

are you using AE correctly?

if you double click the clip in the timeline you can then use in and out points to choose a section of a clip.

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 am

I must not have been. Thanks for that.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Due to AE's lack of clip making ability (if AE handled audio and clip making the same way Premiere did, I would honestly just edit in AE for the majority of my projects, but unfortunately it has it's shortcomings), it makes bringing an entire episode or movie into it kind of pointless. So you really are much better off taking your AVS script into VirtualDubMod and creating Huffyuv clips of the scenes you want to work with in AE. Either that or go back and forth from Premiere to AE, using Premiere to pick out your scenes, time them up, and then you know both what and when, so then taking those clips into AE is much easier.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:33 pm

well if you want to do simple trimming just hit Alt + [ to trim the front and Alt + ] to trim the back

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:12 pm

AtomX wrote:go back and forth from Premiere to AE, using Premiere to pick out your scenes, time them up, and then you know both what and when, so then taking those clips into AE is much easier.
x2 for this method
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 am

or if your using premiere pro, you can import the whole project and edit that. WIth premiere 6.x you can do that but when you make a fade, it wont show because AE doesnt have the rubberbands but in premiere pro, you keyframe the opacity

Return to “Adobe Software”