how come i can't use avi files when ffdshow is installed!!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Better uninstall AMV App. Reinstall FFDShow seperately. Then reinstall AMVApp and bypass the part where it asks you to install codecs you all ready have.

If you have Xvid, Divx and FFDshow all ready loaded, AMV App will go over it and cause a "confusion" of sorts. Best thing to do is to uninstall your codecs and AMVApp. Reinstall your codecs and AMVApp and bypass installing codecs for what you all ready have.

I have done this and have never had a single issue importing an .avi file in Wmm2 and I have AMVApp installed too.
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:11 pm

as I can understand what your saying is first thing to do is install Divx/Xvid and FFDshow then after completely install in the PC re-install the AMVapp? then the AMVapp will work.

.... umm... :? well I did that before I get rid of the Amvapp in my PC but really it didn't work in mine. So I don't have any Amvapp right now...... no sweat ;)

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Wut exactly is FFDShow supposed to do. I have never used it and it's the only program in the Amvapp that ever gave me problems...and that's all it did. I unistall it and everything works fine again. I have never had any problems with DivX to WMM compatability, unless that is installed.

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:00 pm

Hiro The Dragon King wrote:Wut exactly is FFDShow supposed to do. I have never used it and it's the only program in the Amvapp that ever gave me problems...and that's all it did. I unistall it and everything works fine again. I have never had any problems with DivX to WMM compatability, unless that is installed.
As I know FFDSHOW is a Directshow when you using it in Vdub/Mod and you can use this in WMM but if you have AMVAPP some of your player or program will not work. I don't know why (just figuring that also) but I think there's some installed program are the same and can handle the WMM to open it so I did remove the Amvapp instead I'm having now is this:

Huffyuv
CCCP
FFDshow
Avisynth
3ivx
Mtrska

and more though I really don't have AMVAPP bcuz it crashes always my prog <_<.
Hiro The Dragon King wrote:it's the only program in the Amvapp that ever gave me problems...and that's all it did. I unistall it and everything works fine again.
then I say don't ever use it again, it's give you HEADACHE though if you can bare it or take a Tylenol it's up to you :lol:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:27 am

ffdshow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ffdshow) is a Windows DirectShow (and VfW) decoder (and encoder) for various video and audio formats. It can take the place of most MPEG-4 ASP codecs (XviD, DivX, 3ivx, etc), H.263, H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC), WMV and other video formats. It will also decode a large deal of audio formats.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”