People whining about others stealing their AMVs...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Zarxrax
Org Profile

People whining about others stealing their AMVs...

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:03 pm

...are total pussys. Get over yourselves.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm

I think half of it is some people are egotistical enough to be pissed that only one or two of their videos have been swiped. Damnit, they're so special they should ALL be stolen!

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:16 pm

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about it.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:29 pm

AMV Law: Every time you complain about a YT swipe, you have to create a 30 second thank-you-to-all-the-artists-whose-work-I-used credits scroll for your next AMV.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm still waiting for one of my videos to really be stolen. The only one of me on hosatchel is "MAMA", and it's clearly labeled as "AMV by Otohiko". I'm disappointed. :?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 pm

I hope someone takes credit for one of my crappy videos one of these days. Less crap I have to own up for in the end ^^
ImageImageImageImage

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:13 pm

godix wrote:Damnit, they're so special they should ALL be stolen!
What if they are? If you have over 60 vids stolen over there does that make you better than the guys who only have one vid being stolen by 60 different people? I'm just curious. Really. ^_^

I don't care much about That Site. It's when my vids get ripped off here and put on local (which I'm helping to pay for by donating) that I get pissed beyond belief. That Site has no credibility when it comes to amvs, as far as I'm concerned. I like to pretend this site is different, and that over here we actually take some pride/ownership in the way we change the original sources to make something new. I tell myself that's the whole point of the hobby - to contribute by making something that didn't exist before you made it. People who paste their names on someone else's vids are just fakes, liars, insulting the editors. I say get rid of them. Without editors there is no amv hobby. So I support editors by not supporting the fakes. It's just a matter of principle. :?

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:15 pm

godix wrote:I think half of it is some people are egotistical enough to be pissed that only one or two of their videos have been swiped. Damnit, they're so special they should ALL be stolen!
Exactly. I haven't made 40 videos so that only ONE would get stolen. :x
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 pm

I went over to youtube tonight to just check if anyone had tried to take credit for my works, since I got to thinking about it. After wading through like 20 pages of crap that came up when i searched for "amv hell", I finally found one guy who claimed to have made it. He also claimed to have made my fanservice video.

But dammit, his username is "ZarxRax". Not only did he steal my amvs, he stole my name! Now I am so completely confused. Although he stole this stuff... I'm still getting credit for it... so I stole my own videos???

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Three of my videos have been posted there... one of them multiple times. I don't really have strong opinion for or against it... saves me from putting effort into posting them myself.

Return to “General Discussion”