Another track matte problem..

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
James Sharp
Org Profile

Another track matte problem..

Post by James Sharp » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Ok I have been trying to work with track mattes in adobe premire pro 1.0

For the most part it has been a total failure... allow me to explain.

Track 3: my matte image

Track 2: Clip 2

Track 1: Clip 1

So i apply my track matte to clip 2 and make it recognize 3 as the matte.. then i click the eyeball on track 3 to make it invisible.. then the actuall bottom clip shows through..

The only problem with this is that im not able to adjust anything on the actual matte.. its very static and boring like this..

So i asked a question about and i recieved an answere about having multiple sequences for my to be able to adjust my trackmatte with things like zoom and travel and rotation and stuff..

Problem is i am having one hellava time trying to figure out the whole multiple sequence thing..

Anyone got any tips or somthing that i could use as i have searched quite a bit and come up empty handed..

once again thanks for your time.
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =3&t=98816
I welcome any and all advice on how i can improve

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 pm

In Premiere, Choose File>New>Sequence. This will give you a brand new timeline, within your project. Put your track matte image in the new sequence and apply all the motion or whatever you want to do with it. Then open up your original Sequence again, and drag Sequence 2 into it from Premiere's browser window.

Or, you could always just add the effects to your matte, then export it as a Huffyuv/Lagarith file, and import it back into Premiere.
ImageImage

James Sharp
Org Profile

Post by James Sharp » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:48 pm

... Ok i dont wanna sound like an ass or anything...

But that made the most sense outa any explanation ever..

Not only do your videos totally rule balls.. but your a good teacher aswell..

Thanks a ton and "in my mind" has got to be my favorite vid of all time.. with "open your soul a close second"

you rock... im out
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:

James Sharp
Org Profile

Post by James Sharp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:15 am

Although you still rock...... its not working..

I made a new sequence.. animated the matte.. then draged it into my timeline.. but it into the video three just like always.. then applied a track matte to track 2...

I have the same problem as before.. if i leave the the matte visible.. i get my motion.. but its just a black object going around the screen in front of my stuff..

And if i make the matte invisible.. i get the actuall matte to show the first clip through and all... but non of the motion or scale is working...

This is a perplexing situation.. any ideas?

My newest vid:

James Sharp
Org Profile

Post by James Sharp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 am

Ok i have the track matte motion thing down..

Now im on to a more serious question... how is it that people are able to animate multiple track mattes at once.. because a track is only able to be used once for a track matte right?

If so how is a guitar strum track matte possible like the one in (please dont kill me for saying this) Euphoria?

Because that video has like...... i think 4 or 5 bars of track matte all animated and strumming to the beats...

How is this possible when only showing one clip through..

Please allow me to explain

Track3: track matte track (1 of 4 guitar strings)
Track2: overlay clip
Track 1: Main clip

So you apply your track matte key to track 2 and you of course make three your matte... and everything there goes smooth.. you now have 1 animated string strumming to every 4th beat....

How do you add strings 2-4 and have them strum to the beat.. you can only have 1 track matte key on clip 2 at a time right?

My newest vid:

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Glad I could help with your first question. :wink:

Now, about your second:
Make duplicate copies of the same clip. So it would be set up kind of like this:

Track7: track matte 3
Track6: overlay clip
Track5: track matte 2
Track4: overlay clip
Track3: track matte 1
Track2: overlay clip
Track1: Main clip

With all the "overlay clips" being duplicates of the same clip. It would just add up to a lot of layers...
ImageImage

James Sharp
Org Profile

Post by James Sharp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:28 pm

That sounds good.. and so when your ready to animate.. you can just throw each in their own separate sequence then bring them back in right?

Hmm.. i think im going to delay work on my new vid for about a week.. this is an effect i really want to get down patt so i can use it to its fullest effect.

My newest vid:

Return to “Adobe Software”