Vegas 6.0 Question...

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Vegas 6.0 Question...

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Sorry I'm new to Vegas, is there anyway to make it so that Vegas "splits" its video files like in Windows Movie Maker 2? You know...so searching for the right cutscenes doesn't take like 5 minutes?

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:26 pm

no
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:27 pm

it wont create clips like WMM, but if you open the video file in the "Trimmer" you can coppy the part you want then paste it on the timeline...
(to do so, in the "project media folder" right click the video object you want, and choose "open in trimmer" OR you can take the entire video file and place the timeline and put the timeline cursor where you want it, press the "S" key and it will cut the clip into two pieces... and delete the parts you dont want. the trimmer is easier though)

i think thats one of the hardest things i needed to get used to when i made the switch..

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:43 am

JaddziaDax wrote:it wont create clips like WMM, but if you open the video file in the "Trimmer" you can coppy the part you want then paste it on the timeline...
(to do so, in the "project media folder" right click the video object you want, and choose "open in trimmer" OR you can take the entire video file and place the timeline and put the timeline cursor where you want it, press the "S" key and it will cut the clip into two pieces... and delete the parts you dont want. the trimmer is easier though)

i think thats one of the hardest things i needed to get used to when i made the switch..
I STILL haven't figured out the trimmer...

o_O

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:01 am

you know how you do the "loop region" select thing, do the same thing to the clip in the trimmer and right click on the video part and select "copy" .... go up to the timeline and click paste.

thats it.

RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:06 pm

o yes i just realized that after u told this lol thx

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:03 pm

no problem, and good luck

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”