What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 pm

Well there's platform fanboys like me who live under the banner of "PC only and forever", but I for one at least have justification - since hardly any game in my top list of favorites has ever been even ported to a console, let alone were console-specific (largely by virtue of it being physically impossible) :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:35 pm

Otohiko wrote:I'm curious about HL2 Episode One - how'd it turn out?

I'm a fan of the HL series, but I've been boycotting Valve somewhat since I accidentally lost my Steam password - with which of course all my licenses went out the window irrecoverably :?
Get a video review for it right here..

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2069

here..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halfl ... eview.html

and here..

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/740/740555/vids_1.html

:wink:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm gonna change the topic a tad if i may, (though it shouldn't stop people from telling what they are currently playing)

What is the First game you eer remember playing

for me it was standing on a step stool, in a 7-11 playing this.

Shinobi

I musta been 4 or 5

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:21 pm

First game a.k.a. Holy Crap Some of You are Old:

One of these two, I'm not sure which came first:
- Choplifter on my grandmother's Apple IIe. ][e? Whatever. There was some quasi-educational game too, but I always played Choplifter anyway.
- Frog Bog or this goofy jungle math game on the Intellivision. (It may just have been called "Math Fun." Woohoo.) Frog Bog was a great argument-starter game. Sigh.

Both of those were in the age 4-5 bracket somewhere, in the early '80s. Oh, when video game systems had fake wood paneling.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Currently hypnotized by ... er, I mean playing Zelda: Twilight Princess (although, I'm close to finishing it ... just finishing up getting the last few heart containers I can. ) :P

After this, I also picked up Steambot Chronicles, and will probably play it next. It does look interesting, in a FMA-ish way. More on this one once I start it. :wink:
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 pm

First game? Aside from the Super NES, I'd have to say Oregon Trail :P

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:42 am

First game was something on an Apple. Maybe Aztec Challenge or Frogger.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 am

Otohiko wrote:I'm curious about HL2 Episode One - how'd it turn out?

I'm a fan of the HL series, but I've been boycotting Valve somewhat since I accidentally lost my Steam password - with which of course all my licenses went out the window irrecoverably :?
Well, after just playing a bit of it, I can definately say it holds up to the Half Life franchise, some neat new additions and lots of the good old physics puzzles and badass action. Definately worth checking out imo ( also, ep 2 looks even better O: )

As for first game, I'm gonna have to say it was either math munchers/math blaster (at school) or The Incredible Machine. Though I also vaguely remember some sort of apple art program dealie, with stamps and shit. Can't recall the name though.

starcat09
Org Profile

Post by starcat09 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:00 pm

First game: Jeopardy! on the Apple IIe. My brother and I played and just yelled to my dad for the answers. Oh, and the third player was always an old lady named Fay.

Fay haunts me. D:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:11 pm

My first games, aside from arcade games, were a bunch of simple Russian games (they probably have Western equivalents) on a Russian machine called "Vector", which used tapes and had 64kb RAM. :D

After than I had an Atari with 2MB RAM where I played a lot of great games, most ported from PC, including my favorite Silent Service II.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”