What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Beowulf wrote:I always enjoy Baldurs Gate 2. Some of the best writting in any game is in that one. The attention to detail and care that went into that game is staggering. It really is a labor of love.

Recently I've been playing civilization 4. I'm such a pussy, I can never bring myself to crush my enemies with war, but rather I'll undermine their culture and slowly but surely cause their population to rebel to my cause due to my MASSIVELY superior quality of life.
1) BG - and many other Bioware titles - are what many people call 'true' RPGs as opposed to hack-and-slash (focused more on basic combat) or JRPG (as one of my friends put it, "semi-interactive anime with weird fighting systems") varieties.

I'm actually not a fan of these, either, but that's a good example of a more detailed and complex type of game that I was talking about.
(this isn't meant as an insult to any genre, don't kill me yet!)

2) \m/ That is what I call style.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:19 pm

Otohiko wrote:I don't know about the nerdy/un-nerdy and conformity/non-conformity. If anything, I'm rather inclined to think that I'm the weird one. You should see the looks on people's faces when I try to explain them some of these 'hardcore realism' games I play :P And then they ask me if I play any 'normal' games :roll:
If "people" equals "other AMV editors" or "people on the internet," then you aren't asking normal people. You're asking nerds.

Normal/un-nerdy would be people at work (unless you work in the music, film or game industries, or anything else with an unusual quota of nerds) or randomly on the street.

But then again, my mom - 100% un-nerdy until recently - adores Kingdom Hearts, so who even knows these days. :P

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:09 pm

Whee! I've got a Wii!

Wii Wise:

Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

Computer Wise:

Empire Earth Lan Parties

Other Systems:

Halo 2 Parties

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:51 am

Did anyone else play SimCity? I LOVED that game, from the original to 2000 to 3000...really the only single-player game I played regularly.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:10 am

Shazzy wrote:Did anyone else play SimCity? I LOVED that game, from the original to 2000 to 3000...really the only single-player game I played regularly.
I always failed hardcore with every version of that game. Things would start off well, but then I always went into crazy debt and my citizens hated me. Clearly I should become a politician :o

At the moment, I'll usually pick up a quick round or two of either Melty Blood or Guilty Gear while I'm waiting for a render or some such, Counter Strike: Source when I feel like shooting things, I'm playing through Half Life 2 again, messing around with Pikmin on my Cube (love that game) and I just got 2142 Battlefield, which I intend to waste more time on. : up :

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Shazzy wrote:Did anyone else play SimCity? I LOVED that game, from the original to 2000 to 3000...really the only single-player game I played regularly.
I used to play that game on the Macs in sixth grade, and a few years ago I found the original for PC for insanely cheap and had to buy it. I love that thing.

Other than that, I haven't had much time to play games, so I'm still working on the ones I bought a year ago (Half-Life 2 and Sims 2, which admittedly you can play forever) and Myst IV.
:ying:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:46 pm

I'll be the first here to say Gears of War(Xbox360), Dead Rising(Xbox360), Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS).. thats about it right now.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:53 pm

x_rex30 wrote:I'll be the first here to say Gears of War(Xbox360), Dead Rising(Xbox360)
Bleh, if I had a 360 I'd be all over those :evil:
Just acquired Gun, SiN Emergence and HL2 Ep1 (finally) so I'll have some more stuff to occupy myself with \o/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 pm

I'm curious about HL2 Episode One - how'd it turn out?

I'm a fan of the HL series, but I've been boycotting Valve somewhat since I accidentally lost my Steam password - with which of course all my licenses went out the window irrecoverably :?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Kristyrat wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:I'll be the first here to say Gears of War(Xbox360), Dead Rising(Xbox360)
Bleh, if I had a 360 I'd be all over those :evil:
Just acquired Gun, SiN Emergence and HL2 Ep1 (finally) so I'll have some more stuff to occupy myself with \o/
I love the gears of war game, I'm in the top ten percent with online ranking, woot. I also get to enjoy those two games on an hdtv! ^_^ Luckily me, I'm not a fan boy so I get to enjoy all great games on every system. I don't understand these fanboys, I've loved every video game system I've owned and the games that came out for them, and I've bought systems from microsoft, sony, sega, nintendo, neo geo, etc.. some systems if I bought I would of thought different, like jaguar and virtual boy

Return to “General Discussion”