New: Donators Forum

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Oh hay.

This gives me all the encouragement I need to never donate more than $11/year.

Thanks! My wallet is happier.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 am

I knew I should have slided phade a 20 at AWA...

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:55 pm

It would be great if I was just given access for what I've donated, but we know that will never happen. And the automated thank you message was awesome that I got for it, beats any personal thanks message. It's the thing that shows me how appreciative people are here, almost as if that create a barrier from ever donating here ever again. And the whole going on and on about how an off topic forum is NEVER coming back from admins and mods then all the sudden making one is another thing that makes me wonder. Nice and credible.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:07 pm

x_rex30 wrote:It would be great if I was just given access for what I've donated, but we know that will never happen. And the automated thank you message was awesome that I got for it, beats any personal thanks message. It's the thing that shows me how appreciative people are here, almost as if that create a barrier from ever donating here ever again. And the whole going on and on about how an off topic forum is NEVER coming back from admins and mods then all the sudden making one is another thing that makes me wonder. Nice and credible.
Do you really think it would be practical to try to respond personally to ALL the people who donate? Plus they do something nice for us by actually putting up an OT forum again and you're complaining that they did it? :?
:ying:

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:07 pm

x_rex30 wrote:And the whole going on and on about how an off topic forum is NEVER coming back from admins and mods then all the sudden making one is another thing that makes me wonder. Nice and credible.
Do you honestly expect us to tell you our moderately-secretive behind-the-curtain plans?

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:19 pm

aesling wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:It would be great if I was just given access for what I've donated, but we know that will never happen. And the automated thank you message was awesome that I got for it, beats any personal thanks message. It's the thing that shows me how appreciative people are here, almost as if that create a barrier from ever donating here ever again. And the whole going on and on about how an off topic forum is NEVER coming back from admins and mods then all the sudden making one is another thing that makes me wonder. Nice and credible.
Do you really think it would be practical to try to respond personally to ALL the people who donate? Plus they do something nice for us by actually putting up an OT forum again and you're complaining that they did it? :?
no i don't, not at all. i've never opened up my mouth ever about my donation on this forum since i've donated, only when people have pmed me asking something about it. sorry i've complained. when i tell people how much i've donated to this site in real life they are baffled, and i just tell them this site has been a big part of my life since i was a teen, then i say i gave the biggest donation, and then they say i must of got a big thank you letter, and i say no just an automated letter, then they seem to think that is messed up. I was shocked no one ever personally thanked me, I was going to be quite about it, but this is the first time it slipped out, I slightly regret saying anything, I don't want anyone to kiss my ass, but I was hoping for at least one thanks, I mean I made the biggest donation at the time and I think only 6 people have ever donated around that much at that time. Now I feel bad I said anything at all, forget I said anything. Delete my flamebait reply to this thread, again sorry for opening my big fat complaint mouth.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:19 pm

x_rex30 wrote:no i don't, not at all. i've never opened up my mouth ever about my donation on this forum since i've donated, only when people have pmed me asking something about it. sorry i've complained. when i tell people how much i've donated to this site in real life they are baffled, and i just tell them this site has been a big part of my life since i was a teen, then i say i gave the biggest donation, and then they say i must of got a big thank you letter, and i say no just an automated letter, then they seem to think that is messed up. I was shocked no one ever personally thanked me, I was going to be quite about it, but this is the first time it slipped out, I slightly regret saying anything, I don't want anyone to kiss my ass, but I was hoping for at least one thanks, I mean I made the biggest donation at the time and I think only 6 people have ever donated around that much at that time. Now I feel bad I said anything at all, forget I said anything. Delete my flamebait reply to this thread, again sorry for opening my big fat complaint mouth.
Ah, didn't know that was the case. Sorry, my bad.
:ying:

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 pm

I've given you access to the donator's forum. For some reason the forums is reading your donation status as total leech. Please keep in mind that though the thank you emails sent out are automated, they are not insincere. However, it's impractical to send out a personalized thank you email to donators, even for the largest donations, because after writing a few emails, they will all be the same message anyway, not to mention the time costs and the fact that site administration is a voluntary side job for all the admin here.

When you gain some experience with real life businesses dealing with thousands of clients, you'll find that they need to give canned feedback to their clients, even when they meet them in person.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:28 pm

downwithpants wrote:I've given you access to the donator's forum. For some reason the forums is reading your donation status as total leech. Please keep in mind that though the thank you emails sent out are automated, they are not insincere. However, it's impractical to send out a personalized thank you email to donators, even for the largest donations, because after writing a few emails, they will all be the same message anyway, not to mention the time costs and the fact that site administration is a voluntary side job for all the admin here.

When you gain some experience with real life businesses dealing with thousands of clients, you'll find that they need to give canned feedback to their clients, even when they meet them in person.
Why thank you! Sorry for my troubles and thanks for the kindness you are showing. To be honest, I'm suppose to redonate for that forum, my donation is over a year old.(explaining my comment about never giving access) >_> But if you don't mind keeping me that access I would be very happy to have that option open available, considering the amount I donated, or maybe I should just redonate, though I wish it was easier, I'm having trouble with paypal, I even made a thread talking about alternatives for ways of donating.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:24 am

I'm wrong on this issue.
dokidoki wrote:If you can't access this forum and think you should be able to, send me a PM.
If you can access this forum and think you shouldn't be able to, send me a PM. (haha)
I should of paid more attention.. and kept my little gripes to myself. :cry:

NEway, again sorry, and lets move on folks! Enjoy the new forums! These forums are great for getting more info on other members, already a lot of forums showing what the other members about, pics, travel, interests, etc.. so donate or do whatever you can to get it if you are interesting in those types of things. It's pretty nice.

Return to “Site Announcements”