Magix quesitons

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Re: Magix and vob files

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:30 am

Tiiscool wrote:I am reading the AVTech Guide and I was surprised, that there is a so long way from the DVD to the Edit Program.

I always opened the vob files in Magix and it did work. (No decoding, no Index....) The DVD are original DVDs.
That works only as long as the DVD's aren't copy protected. And there are many reason to not open the VOB's in the editing program. Most anime have mixed framerate - NTSC and FILM. And I don't know for Magix (I doubt it because of it's German origin) - but not all programs can handle this correctly, what usually leads in a speed up of the FILM sequences. With directly editing the VOB's you miss all the opportunities to improve your footage with AVISynth. And since for viewing on PC the AMV must be deinterlaced, you miss all the fine deinterlacers either. The deinterlacers in editing programs usually aren't that good.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:05 am

god damnit. i knew i shouldn't have mentioned euphoria
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:02 am

Minion wrote:god damnit. i knew i shouldn't have mentioned euphoria
I should have warned you... plus, you forgot to mention MS Paint!
sagarajack wrote:Com'on...I did not reject the simple straight forward method. I did say there are exceptions. I just feel that most of the people did not do an adequate job to make their MV work, some FX could have helped them to cover the bad spots. Like I said before, Pure composition focus will give you a great documentary, not a MV.
I think that fixing the bad spots would be better than covering them with FX...

But tastes differ.

I guess I need to add effects to my videos to make them true MVs... :(
Expect a respin of all my videos later this year? Is adding lens flares enough? Or do I need to use (and buy) After Effects? Trapcode Shine, here I come!
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:25 am

AMVs and effects are like food and spice, and AMV making is like cooking. Some food tastes good without spice, but often the taste can be improved with adding spice. Some food needs spice to be tastefull. But no matter what kind of food you have, you can always add too much spice, so that it isn't tastefull anymore. And it's the creativity and experience of the cook which has the most influence to the taste of a meal and not that much the utilities and ingredients.

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Keeper of Hellfire wrote:And it's the creativity and experience of the cook which has the most influence to the taste of a meal and not that much the utilities and ingredients.
That's what matters after you bought the spice and opened a restaurant.
Willen wrote:I guess I need to add effects to my videos to make them true MVs... Sad
Expect a respin of all my videos later this year? Is adding lens flares enough? Or do I need to use (and buy) After Effects?
That's the misleading part of using FX.
Yes, too much spice can ruin your food, but the wrong spice at the wrong time can get uglier.
I have seen people relating Lens flare with FX all the time, and it does not make any sense to me.
I used lens flare only twice during my project. I used color correction and blur probably 20 times more than that.
After Effects is not necessary, but it does a better job. Any major editing program has color correction and blur.
For those who use Fan sub, the TV rips usually have color problems, go fix that first. It is not a significant FX, but it does improve your project.
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm

kill the topic! kill it with fire!

[MOD42: Agreed. The question was answered, and the subsequent derailing has rendered this thread lock-worthy.]
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Return to “Video Editing Software”