Oto in Motherland: a (huge) photo log

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:54 pm

Oto’s school

Inside.
Ironically, much of the school staff is still the same!

Cafeteria
Oh how I used to love their fish patties <3

Decorations at the front entrance commemorating the history of St. Petersburg

*to be continued*
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:55 pm

Oto’s homeroom door

Used to be the Music room (as the art outside it suggests), now it’s History
The art in the school, where it still remains, is by my art teacher whom I didn’t like; he’s been dead for years now however

Hallway
I didn’t think much when taking that picture, but now that I look at it…it scares me how much shit happened within the radius of just a few meters of where that picture was taken from. I’m not even gonna try to describe it all.

Suffice to say – I broke my leg just off to the right of this picture. And see that glass in the door? It didn’t used to be transparent, more translucent – until I broke it. Then there’s the dreaded math room on the left hand side. I can’t begin to say how much shit happened there. From fistfights to telling off tyrannical teachers to escaping various chases.

Oto had a very tough school experience – I don’t like to brag, but I was very likely this school’s top student that was never was actually top because some teachers outright hated me. That’s not paranoia, that’s just an individualistic student who would stand up to teachers in a system that was frequently Soviet and didn’t like individualism. I argued with teachers incessantly. I was bullied and would frequently be forced to defend myself physically. At the same time I had a streak of successes in a number of city-wide competitions in several subjects.

But I loved the school at the same time. There was a number of outstanding teachers whom I owe more to than anyone besides perhaps my family. There I met my best friends and had some frankly awesome times. And I mean hell – I have to give this place its due. Thanks to this and other ‘tough life’ experiences, I’m a much more balanced and pragmatic person today. It taught me to be mature and stand up for myself, instead of being some emo pile of goo :roll:

Geography classroom through that glass I once broke
Seems like some wall posters migrated here from the former Civil Defense class which is now the school’s only computer lab (using shamefully outdated PCs)

Same door

*to be continued*
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:56 pm

Hallway near the gym
The gym teacher hated me. I hated him too and somehow managed to arrange quitting gym altogether. Ha! :P

They seem to be doing lots of work on the upper floors

View from the 3rd floor to the schoolyard

Out of the school now…

The big dorm building

Random wall

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:15 am

My final set of pictures that was taken in Russia!

View from a balcony in my other grandmother’s building

Trash

Kitchen

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:15 am

Light fixture

Found this at my grandmothers’ place – guess who that is :P

And that was it for Russia!... almost

At Pulkovo airport

Various Pulkovo Airlines jets

Aboard…

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:20 am

Tu-154 preparing to depart

Oto aboard
Yea, I might not look too awful, but I was sick (caught a cold the day before departure) and hadn’t slept the previous night – with a 24-hour trip ahead of me!

In flight over Russia

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 am

In flight; clouds
(admittedly I don’t have any titles – when it’s overcast, whatever you see below is rather nondescript)

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 am

Descending – Czech Republic

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:22 am

Locks; I believe this is the Elbe river

Prague suburbs
Image Image

*to be continued*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:23 am

Descending

Touchdown!

Pretty clouds at Prague airport

*to be continued*

Return to “General Discussion”