Pro vs. older versions?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:54 pm

jonnkakarotto wrote:A little off topic, but I'm wondering if there's any way I could get the Audio/Visual effects of Pro into 6.0.
Premiere Pro is a completely new editing application that adobe built from scratch. You cant put anything from it back into an older premiere.

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:54 pm

Sigh. I think I'll wait to upgrade to Pro. Maybe in the future they'll have most of the bugs that I'm hearing so much about worked out.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:46 pm

This thread may be getting a bit old, but I figured it was more relevant to post my question here.

After a very painful day of troubleshooting and looking for answers online, I have come to the conclusion that my beloved copy of 6.5 can't be installed on my brand new 64-bit system... only because of its installer! How silly is that? But as far as I could see, it's a known problem, and I have few options–if any–besides upgrading.

Which I didn't intend to do yet. I love 6.5. Simple, efficient, reliable. This thread was quite enlightening about the pros and cons of the more recent versions compared to older versions, but I am still not clear about the main differences between Pro 1.5 and Pro 2.0 as compared to each other.

Has anyone used both more extensively than just their tutorials? What's your take on it? Just how much of a hassle is that exporting problem?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

S.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:58 pm

OK, forget my previous question: I figured since I *had* to upgrade anyway, I might as well go all out and get 2.0; this way, I won't need to upgrade again for quite a while. One problem solved! Though I still mourn 6.5... *sigh*

But one thing I haven't been able to confirm: how is the incorrect framerate problem going in this new version? I know it was there at least until 1.5, but has it finally been solved for good in 2.0?

It's not a problem at all if I still need to go the AssumeFPS way, but if it's unnecessary, I'll be glad to drop it!

Thanks again!

S.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 pm

I think framerates are working pretty much normally most or all of the time in premiere now.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Most or all the times? Are there specific cases for which it's known it noever works, or is it random?

How about slowing footage down to less than 10% speed? Would you recommend I keep using stills?

Thanks!

S.

Taruto!
Org Profile

Post by Taruto! » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:45 am

I got Premiere Pro 1.0 and it confused the hell out of me. :shock:

It doesn't take much, but if I find something confusing, I generally give up on trying to learn how to use it and switch back to my roots. I'm still using Premiere 6.5 and fear that I will be for a long time.. no matter how many times it crashes.. but as long as I can edit stuff with it I don't really care what version it is or what effects I can use.

Plus effects aren't what's in a program for me.. it's ease of use. I'm crummy with effects anyway. :lol:

Return to “Adobe Software”