Problem with installing Adobe After Effects v7.0 Pro.

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
MechaTheGreat
Org Profile

Problem with installing Adobe After Effects v7.0 Pro.

Post by MechaTheGreat » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:47 pm

Alright, I install it, and as it is installing it fills the bar once, no problems, okay, then when the bar is filling for the second time, at about 33 seconds estimated remaining, it says the name of the folder and something about an error occuring or something. It gives me 3 options: "Abort", "Retry", and "Ignore." I click on Retry and the same thing just pops up again, so then I click ignore, it pops up again, and I click ignore again, and it goes off the screen, it finishes installing the program. Then I click it and it says this:

"After Effects error: An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."

I tried repairing it twice, the first time it waited until 2 seconds estimated remaining to pop up with the error screen again, and the third never popped up at all, and everytime it still pops up.

So, I wanna know, before I waste another hour of my time, will this be fixed simply by just uninstalling and reinstalling the program or is it something more complicated then that?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MechaTheGreat
Org Profile

Post by MechaTheGreat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:20 am

Well...since no one has responded in about 12 hours, I decided to uninstall it and reinstall the program. Now it says this when I try to open After Effects:

"After Effects could not start because a required component could not be found.

This may be because of a damaged installation or unsupported operating system. Please consult the minimum system requirements or reinstall After Effects. (1455)
"

It also said something earlier about not being able to do something with a AERis.DLL file (not exact name of file or words because it doesn't come up when I try to open it anymore).

Please, someone help me. I am in desparate need for help here. >_>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:02 am

Is the disc scratched at all?
Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
Have you rebooted between install attempts?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

MechaTheGreat
Org Profile

Post by MechaTheGreat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:06 am

I never got a disc I DLed it via intarweb.

Um...rebooting would change things? Cause I got like a million things open right now, my mom's trying to DL something, would rebooting actually help or change anything?

I am pretty sure I have the requirements or it.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:10 am

When in doubt reboot. That's how Windows works.

As for pirating it, i'd make sure you disconnect from the internet when you do install or it'll try to auto activate and stop working.
| | |

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:26 am

One thing I do know thats different about AE7 from the other versions is that it requires at least Windows XP SP2. So if youre still running SP1, that'll hinder the installation, but I don't really think it'd give you those kinds of errors.. So, I dunno.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

MechaTheGreat
Org Profile

Post by MechaTheGreat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:54 pm

Wait, I just thought of something.

Maybe Windows can't identify the .dll programs on its own and needs another program to help it to identify them.

I remember I had to download WinRAR to identify .rar files that I'd DL.

Could someone please tell me if that may be the problem?

To be honest I don't know what XP I am running, it may be SP1, I remember I got the computer in 2003, so it may be an outdated version of XP, I'm not sure. I guess I could try rebooting.

And as for disconnecting from the internet, I can't do that either, I have DSL connection that stays connected all the time to the internet.

MechaTheGreat
Org Profile

Post by MechaTheGreat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:35 pm

Well, I rebooted and it still came up with that error 1309 while installing so I decided to not even finish the attempt, as I would only have to uninstall it again.

I am now gonna try my hand at AE6.5 if I can DL it, and see if it was because AE7 requires SP2, if AE6.5 works, then I'll know what the problem was, if not then idk, I guess I am screwed. >_>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Are you sure you're attempting to install the windows version and not the mac one?
| | |

MechaTheGreat
Org Profile

Post by MechaTheGreat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:47 pm

Yes. It is labeled "Windows Installer Package."

There is also a "Windows Installer Patch" and a "Setup" thing.

That can't be the problem, and as for 6.5, still haven't got around to DLing it yet.

Return to “Adobe Software”