Magix and vob files [SPLIT]

Tiiscool
Org Profile

Magix and vob files

Post by Tiiscool » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Hello,

New Topic: Magix and vob files.

I am reading the AVTech Guide and I was surprised, that there is a so long way from the DVD to the Edit Program.

I always opened the vob files in Magix and it did work. (No decoding, no Index....) The DVD are original DVDs.
On Abunai (Anime Convention in Enschede) I was nearly shocked :-) what the hell is "interlicing"? Will I also get bad AMVs when I do the short way ?

The guides says something about DirectShowFilter and that it is bad.
What does this mean ?

Best regards,
Ti

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Magix and vob files

Post by Ileia » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:57 pm

sagarajack wrote:btw, stop talking about low budget and crap...like Minion actually bought Premiere.
Not everyone is a pirate.
Tiiscool wrote:Hello,

New Topic: Magix and vob files.

I am reading the AVTech Guide and I was surprised, that there is a so long way from the DVD to the Edit Program.

I always opened the vob files in Magix and it did work. (No decoding, no Index....) The DVD are original DVDs.
On Abunai (Anime Convention in Enschede) I was nearly shocked :-) what the hell is "interlicing"? Will I also get bad AMVs when I do the short way ?

The guides says something about DirectShowFilter and that it is bad.
What does this mean ?

Best regards,
Ti
1. Don't start new topics in the middle of a topic. Just start a new topic.

2. If you're reading the AVTech guide, there's a whole section on interlacing. You wanna start about here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... video2.htm

3. VOBs work fine in Magix, I used to edit exclusively with them. However, this means that you have to remove the interlacing after you edit your video. You can do this using AVIsynth. It works most of the time, but not always, depending on the source. Here's how you can do that: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... moval.html
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:05 am

F**k. The topic got split, but my post responding to these questions wasn't moved into the new one. :roll:
Keeper of Hellfire wrote:
Tiiscool wrote: I am reading the AVTech Guide and I was surprised, that there is a so long way from the DVD to the Edit Program.

That works only as long as the DVD's aren't copy protected. And there are many reason to not open the VOB's in the editing program. Most anime have mixed framerate - NTSC and FILM. And I don't know for Magix (I doubt it because of it's German origin) - but not all programs can handle this correctly, what usually leads in a speed up of the FILM sequences. With directly editing the VOB's you miss all the opportunities to improve your footage with AVISynth. And since for viewing on PC the AMV must be deinterlaced, you miss all the fine deinterlacers either. The deinterlacers in editing programs usually aren't that good.

Return to “Video Editing Software”