Magix quesitons

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Euphoria was good because its bar style animation was new....if he used after effect...the video could be even better and possibly save tons of time for him.

There are reasons why Pro programs are expansive. I doubt any of us here actually uses all the functions inside Premiere.

Magix is great for beginners I guess, steping away from Win movie maker and stuff, and actually uses a time line.

btw, stop talking about low budget and crap...like Minion actually bought Premiere.
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:00 pm

sagarajack wrote:Euphoria was good because its bar style animation was new....if he used after effect...the video could be even better and possibly save tons of time for him.

There are reasons why Pro programs are expansive. I doubt any of us here actually uses all the functions inside Premiere.

Magix is great for beginners I guess, steping away from Win movie maker and stuff, and actually uses a time line.
The program doesn't matter. There are plenty of good AMVs that have been made in even Windows Movie Maker. Euphoria's good because Koop's a good editor, regardless of whether or not he used Magix.

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Ileia wrote:
Magix doesn't have many simple "click and go" effects. Most things that you want to do you have to create yourself, which takes some time and patience. It's only "half-assed" if that's too much work for you.

Magix is simple and easy to use. And not too much of a drain on your resources. I'll open it sometimes and leave it open for a week or so, with no ill effects. From what I've heard (though I've never tried it myself) that's a big NO in Premiere.

For the price, you will not find a better program. My version, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 cost me $25. Go look at the prices of Premiere, Avid, Ulead, etc. And having those doesn't guarantee you a good video. Your video quality will ultimately be based on YOU and not the program.
not to jump on the magix bandwangon... but I too think that it's a fine program for any price (and good its only under $50). Now, mind you, there are problems with it (like with most programs), but for the most part, if you're making AMV's with it, it is an awesome program and most of the bugs won't raise their ugly heads unless you plan on making a movie-length version video.

AthenAltena
Org Profile

Post by AthenAltena » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 pm

I use Magix and find it works fine for my editing style (the claim about being able to leave it open is also true) and if you have creativity you can do a lot with it. One reason I got it is because on my budget I simply can't afford Adobe products, and I find it works just fine if you're willing to invest in it.
Image Image

AthenAltena
Org Profile

Post by AthenAltena » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:58 pm

And I find Magix can be supplemented using other programs, for instance I use things I've made in GIMP on occasion to make borders or stuff like that. Given my rather eclectic work style it works well and has only crashed twice in the two years since I've had it.
Image Image

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:The program doesn't matter. There are plenty of good AMVs that have been made in even Windows Movie Maker. Euphoria's good because Koop's a good editor, regardless of whether or not he used Magix.
I have seen millions of winmovie maker MVs on Youtube....in my opinion around 95% are garbage.

Doesn't matter how talented you are, without the right tool, you can not create anything more than an amatuer work.

I sometimes do find impressive emotions in WMM works, but its transition, FX are limited thus the creator's hands were tied. The only things he could depend on were the composition of the MV and the music.

In my opinion Koop is overrated. He introduced the bar animation to AMV, but he did not invent such animation. The rest of his works are regular "Clip+sync", I don't find that creative. I personally like Vicbond7 better.

This is one of my Observation: Most of the videos here are the "clip+sync" type projects, the music does 90% of the work, the editing does 10%. there are exception, and I have seen them, Ileia's burst Angel vid was a good one.
Ileia wrote:Not everyone is a pirate.
Well, I will make this assumption, I know for fact that there are people here who use After Effects.
And I highly doubt that they bought the soft since it is not made for general public use.
And most people who use After Effects are advanced editors who are successful in the Org.
So, I assume that if you do not pirate professional soft, you will have a lower chance of being a successful AMV maker.

:) YOU CAN CALL ME AN ASS, I DON'T CARE. :)
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:01 am

sagarajack wrote:Doesn't matter how talented you are, without the right tool, you can not create anything more than an amatuer work.
Blame not thy tools for thy hands insufficiencies. It's possible to do great work in anything capable of stringing two frames together. In most cases, it can be, and has been, done.
sagarajack wrote:I sometimes do find impressive emotions in WMM works, but its transition, FX are limited thus the creator's hands were tied. The only things he could depend on were the composition of the MV and the music.
You'll find that most of us place far less emphasis on effects. We generally find that the meat is what matters, not the icing over it. We don't find effects inherently good in an aesthetic manner. Rather, we find that composition is a subtle art, and one that is apparently over your head.
sagarajack wrote:In my opinion Koop is overrated. He introduced the bar animation to AMV, but he did not invent such animation. The rest of his works are regular "Clip+sync", I don't find that creative. I personally like Vicbond7 better.
And most of us find Vic's work to be well-synched but with the effects badly overdone. Continuing on.
sagarajack wrote:This is one of my Observation: Most of the videos here are the "clip+sync" type projects, the music does 90% of the work, the editing does 10%. there are exception, and I have seen them, Ileia's burst Angel vid was a good one.
You have one farking strange aesthetic, pal. It's at odds with 90+% of the site. We happen to think that composition matters a lot more than where one places a lens flare, and that it takes more skill and ability to get right. Limitations on the form are what bring creativity out. There's a reason Shakespeare wrote sonnets instead of blank verse.
sagarajack wrote:And most people who use After Effects are advanced editors who are successful in the Org.
So, I assume that if you do not pirate professional soft, you will have a lower chance of being a successful AMV maker.
Actually, I'm fairly certain the former is wrong. However, in absence of any good definition of "successful" and any hard numbers, there's no way to tell. Your assumptions about motivations generally do not seem to apply. Most of use aren't here with some strange ideas about being famous or similar.

What I can say is that you should watch yourself. Unlike other forums you may inhabit, we do not take kindly to trolls, and mods are among us.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:05 am

i have after effects. does this mean i'm an alien?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:20 am

Kalium wrote:Blame not thy tools for thy hands insufficiencies. It's possible to do great work in anything capable of stringing two frames together. In most cases, it can be, and has been, done.
Then...make euphoria with only Windows Movie maker.

Kalium wrote:You'll find that most of us place far less emphasis on effects. We generally find that the meat is what matters, not the icing over it. We don't find effects inherently good in an aesthetic manner. Rather, we find that composition is a subtle art, and one that is apparently over your head.
Yes I do agree composition is important, but what we have here are MVs. That means they are not just documentary. Music can induce color and forms to its listener, and as a MV creator, your job is to capture the color the form with the plot itself. If you fail to do so, your work will be just as boring as a documentary.
Kalium wrote:And most of us find Vic's work to be well-synched but with the effects badly overdone. Continuing on.
That's only what you think, It is your opinion and I respect that. But there are a good number of people out there love Vic's work like I do. Effects are there because they impact the viewer just like abstract arts do, that's if only you enjoy abstract arts.
Kalium wrote:You have one farking strange aesthetic, pal. It's at odds with 90+% of the site. We happen to think that composition matters a lot more than where one places a lens flare, and that it takes more skill and ability to get right. Limitations on the form are what bring creativity out. There's a reason Shakespeare wrote sonnets instead of blank verse.
Com'on...I did not reject the simple straight forward method. I did say there are exceptions. I just feel that most of the people did not do an adequate job to make their MV work, some FX could have helped them to cover the bad spots. Like I said before, Pure composition focus will give you a great documentary, not a MV.

My opinion, you don't have to believe:

wait if you limit the form, how the hell are you suppose to create? we are doing visual art here, not poetry. Visual art is about exploring every aspect of line,color, form and texture.
Kalium wrote:Actually, I'm fairly certain the former is wrong. However, in absence of any good definition of "successful" and any hard numbers, there's no way to tell. Your assumptions about motivations generally do not seem to apply. Most of use aren't here with some strange ideas about being famous or similar.
What I meant is that if a MV maker has all the tool he needs, it is easier for him to create projects and therefore gives him an advantage.
The more projects he makes, the more he understands about MV making and usage of his tools.
Successful---respected by other MV makers and win awards.

I doubt anyone can make a life by making AMVs, so there is no point working hard for AMVs. But I do stand by my beliefs. I do not care if the mod bans me. Since like you said 90% of the people here are different compare to me, I don't have many reasons to stay here.
I started with frag videos, where the forum is full of gamers, we looked at things the "popular" way. I am an anime watcher myself, I know how majority of hardcore anime otakus are twisted, having some kind of problem in their life.
The two cultures are just different. You can understand the meaning of the video just by its composition and see its subtle art. I see it as an unpackaged gift, it has to be covered in order to be presented.

All of above are my opinions, you can choose to agree or write another long argument. Both options are welcome, I will stand by my beliefs.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 am

I LOLed :lol:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Video Editing Software”