Magix quesitons

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Willen wrote:It is fairly robust (I think I froze it once in 2 years).
That's because the US-version is released months after the German version. So all the bugs are fixed the German audience has to fight with.
Willen wrote:And it does a decent job of exporting your finished video in a variety of different formats without the need for exporting uncompressed or lossless first, then using VDub/Mod for final (XviD) compression (although I rarely use it, the XviD output actually works, unlike other programs).
Even if a program is capable to do this, it's still better to create a lossless master. It's easier to generate different versions of the AMV from a masterfile than to render the project every time. And if you use VDM for final compression, you can choose the resizing method. And for me is a lossless master not even an additional step since I use lossless files to judge my results (thanks smart rendering it's the fastest way to export), and so the last testversion is the master. :wink:

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:46 pm

AMVGuy122558 wrote:Simplistic(or at least not overly confusing), BIG variety of FX, and one that not t picky about which type of files I can use.
While we're wishing for the impossible, I'd like a time machine and peace on earth as well as death to the MPAA and RIAA.

More seriously, Magix is a plenty capable program. It's can pull off quite a few effects, provided that you're willing to construct them. It's not going to be all point-and-drool, so if that's what you want, go elsewhere now. It can take a decent variety of input formats, but there are damn good technical reasons why you don't want to be sticking XviD fansubs into a video editing program. It's fairly simple, but power comes at the price of complexity. Programs that are very simple to use and very powerful really aren't reasonable to expect.

AMVGuy122558
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuy122558 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:24 pm

Well thats true its just most of the programs I've tried out have a reasonable enough learning curve but there about 2 or 3 I've come across where thehassle wasn't worth the end result. I used Magix trai lversion a few months ago and it was nothing complicated so that why I thought about getting it. About the point of the FX in Magix being time consuming thats just fine with me I don't care how long it takes I 'll work forever till its just right.

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:04 am

Magix is a half ass program

I recommand something that has full Pro functions like Adobe products, Avid, Ulead etc
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:18 am

I've got an suggestion try this Nero details inside, my friend use this and lots FX he told me and also this one ---> Blaze Media Pro I've tried this, it's gud and it's not picky too! Details inside if you want to try. :D

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:22 am

magix is a fine editing program. i really hate using this as an example, but it'll just keep getting bashed if i don't. euphoria was made in magix. in fact, koop edits exclusivly in magix.

and this is coming from a premiere user. it's not often you'll catch me standing up for another program. it's a very good budget program.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 am

sagarajack wrote:Magix is a half ass program

I recommand something that has full Pro functions like Adobe products, Avid, Ulead etc
Magix doesn't have many simple "click and go" effects. Most things that you want to do you have to create yourself, which takes some time and patience. It's only "half-assed" if that's too much work for you.

Magix is simple and easy to use. And not too much of a drain on your resources. I'll open it sometimes and leave it open for a week or so, with no ill effects. From what I've heard (though I've never tried it myself) that's a big NO in Premiere.

For the price, you will not find a better program. My version, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 cost me $25. Go look at the prices of Premiere, Avid, Ulead, etc. And having those doesn't guarantee you a good video. Your video quality will ultimately be based on YOU and not the program.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:55 am

what she said pretty much sums it up.
if the editor takes time to learn the program, it can be just as powerful as premiere. and for the price, it's a no brainer. magix=win for any budget editor
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:24 am

Minion wrote:what she said pretty much sums it up.
if the editor takes time to learn the program, it can be just as powerful as premiere. and for the price, it's a no brainer. magix=win for any budget editor
If you buy Magix for $25 and don't like it, at least all you've given up is a weeks worth of Frappuccinos from Starbucks. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 am

i was actually considering dropping 30 bucks a couple weeks ago - just to have it.
i have vegas too, but never use it.

Return to “Video Editing Software”