conspiracy theories

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:43 pm

I unlike Oto think there could be a civil Creationist debate, and if you guys start one let me know, because that is where philosophy becomes extreamly interesting.

Thomas Aquinas Vs. Etc.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:49 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I unlike Oto think there could be a civil Creationist debate, and if you guys start one let me know, because that is where philosophy becomes extreamly interesting.
It's not even civil on philosophy boards, so I don't know why it would be civil here :o

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:51 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:I unlike Oto think there could be a civil Creationist debate, and if you guys start one let me know, because that is where philosophy becomes extreamly interesting.
It's not even civil on philosophy boards, so I don't know why it would be civil here :o
Ok yeah this is true, but Philosphy insults are some of the best i have ever heard or read, I want to see more of those.

:o

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:01 am

FC, you should've been around in the old phorum. We still had some assholes, but there were actually quite a few civil debates. Not on as large a scale as what we'd get today, but civil nonetheless.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:02 am

Damn I would have Rather Enjoyed those.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:05 pm

No 1 - Why the hell do we care if the moon landing was fake? What has been done has been done. But an interesting question arises... Why hasn't the government proved that the moon landing wasn't a fake? :shock:

No 2 - My friend honestly thinks that the government has achieved the status of the novel 1984 by George Orwell, and he is the only sane one in the world. He thinks they will do to him what Big Brother did to the protagonist. :roll: Did I mention I'm glad he's moving to canada at 18?

No 3 - The only conspiracy theory that I have ever cared for was the whole DaVinchi Code Novel thingy. Not that I believe in it, I am just astouned at the stupidity people would go through to disprove a FICTONAL novel.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:43 pm

code_chrono wrote:But an interesting question arises... Why hasn't the government proved that the moon landing wasn't a fake? :shock:
Because it's not worth the total waste of taxpayer money?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Kalium wrote:Because it's not worth the total waste of taxpayer money?
Good point.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Ari:

Apollo landings, 11, 14, and 15 left 'corner reflectors' on the moon. They are basically big mirrors that are sitting on the moon, so that we can bounce lasers off of them. They are actual physical objects, that can be objectively verified by anyone with a laser powerfull enough to send a signal to the moon. This is the system that we use to determine the exact distance of the moon from the earth.
(you aim the laser at the moon, and since the moon is about a light second away, you get an echo back.)

In 2008 the LROC is supposed to be doing a site survey for various reasons. Problem is that it's also difficult to verify for average people. The largest peice of hardware on the moon is about 20ft across if I my notes are correct. This means that most telescopes are not going to be able to see them.

However, if you go to http://moon.google.com/ you'll discover something very interesting at the highest magnification.

As for the radiation, she's probably thinking of the Van Allen belts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “General Discussion”