black preview renders in vegas, NOT using Divx or xvid

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Dx-pyrohunter64
Org Profile

black preview renders in vegas, NOT using Divx or xvid

Post by Dx-pyrohunter64 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:54 am

ok, I've been making an amv and when I rendered a clip in vegas 6 to preview it, it would render fine, no problems, but ever since I installed avisynth and vdub thingy with all the codecs, whenever I render a clip to preview it some clips show up pure black and some appear fine, while they show up normal on the preview screen in vegas, and even play fine, the problem is when I render... I converted the clips to lagarith and they're in .avi format, can anyone help? please and thanks in advance

Dx-pyrohunter64
Org Profile

Post by Dx-pyrohunter64 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:55 am

sorry in advance also if this is in the wrong forum

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Re: black preview renders in vegas, NOT using Divx or xvid

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:15 am

Dx-pyrohunter64 wrote:ok, I've been making an amv and when I rendered a clip in vegas 6 to preview it, it would render fine, no problems, but ever since I installed avisynth and vdub thingy with all the codecs, whenever I render a clip to preview it some clips show up pure black and some appear fine, while they show up normal on the preview screen in vegas, and even play fine, the problem is when I render... I converted the clips to lagarith and they're in .avi format, can anyone help? please and thanks in advance
well since I am having same problem before of lagarith, virtualdob, mod and avisyn I change my video editing program to Blaze Media Pro in this audio and video editing converter can do easy as I want with no problem making AMV. Also included almost video file format but if you want FREEWARE check it out in Google

Hope it makes sense I never use Vegas 6 bcoz it confused me alot of this with virtual, lagarith and other program but in my Blaze Media Pro it automatically decoded the video I import and after that I can use it to my WMM too! :D :lol:

Dx-pyrohunter64
Org Profile

Post by Dx-pyrohunter64 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 am

so this program will convert my files so I can use them in vegas? sorry if I misunderstood lol ^-^

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:55 am

Dx-pyrohunter64 wrote:so this program will convert my files so I can use them in vegas? sorry if I misunderstood lol ^-^
yeah I think so :? but I told you I never use Vegas. If you know what kinda file you import to Vegas I will say it YES you can have it and it's Blaze Media Pro is all-in-one media converter.

Hope your problem can resolve of this ^_^ :D :D

Dx-pyrohunter64
Org Profile

Post by Dx-pyrohunter64 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:03 am

ok thanks =) was just making sure, I'll try that and see how it works

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: black preview renders in vegas, NOT using Divx or xvid

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:03 am

Dx-pyrohunter64 wrote:the problem is when I render... I converted the clips to lagarith and they're in .avi format, can anyone help? please and thanks in advance
Well, what are the settings you use to render? What are the project's properties? I have a feeling it's not a codec problem, but a problem with how your project's set up and/or the way you're rendering your video. You have to make sure all the settings (i.e. frame size, frame rate, etc.) in the project match the clips that you're editing with.

sagarajack
Org Profile

Post by sagarajack » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:20 pm

If you have a earlier version of Vegas 6, it is picky on its media...such as its aspect ratio. I remeber when I used 6a, it won't render mixed aspect ratio clips. Try Vegas 7, it is out.
KonoE Studio, I will not give good ops because you put in effort. Quality in terms of artistic touch is what I look for.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”