So honestly

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Beowulf
Org Profile

So honestly

Post by Beowulf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:45 am

Is the org going down or up? We're all older, and I don't care nearly as much as previous years, but there seems to be kind of a "wasteland" feel to the forums in the recent months.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:12 pm

Maybe it should go down, then be reborn as a private site only for us donators.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:51 pm

Every year gets worse. I remember 2004 being good, but not much from 2005, and about nothing of 2006. The forum is even worse. The only interesting threads are the beaten-horse threads and they're locked as soon as they pop up, or spammed and then locked. The only trolls now are in the contest section and the journals, and they're just sad immitations of the really annoying guys we used to have.

Donators aren't much better, though. We've had an OT forum for days now and the most interesting threads are about games and Oto's camera. Someone should donate for Lyrs and Fyrt and try to lure them over here. We need more original (and OT) threads in this section. This thread could have fit into Gen Amv - it would have been locked after a few pages, but it's not really OT-worthy.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:28 pm

I think he means more in general, not just OT.

Nah. That's every year that'll seem like it, but I think one obvious reason is that the forum lost some of its 'steam' and regular attendance as a result of lacking OT.

As for this one - these things tend to be self-maintaining. No, right now there's not that much variety, but stuff will pop up. People haven't fully started taking advantage of it, and not everyone who ought to have migrated has migrated at this point.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:22 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Someone should donate for Lyrs and Fyrt and try to lure them over here.
Fyrt's a lost cause due to enslavement to World of Warcraft, but I could probably get kamoc in. And I might donate for them.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:53 pm

Just wondering - would people be annoyed if I started posting the threads that go like...
news story

DISCUSS
?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:56 pm

I think it's going down slowly. I've only been here for nearly a year, but I can already tell the post amounts are slowly declining.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Otohiko wrote:Just wondering - would people be annoyed if I started posting the threads that go like...
news story

DISCUSS
?
If I wanted that, I'd go to the Hypeo forum :?
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Fyrt's a lost cause due to enslavement to World of Warcraft, but I could probably get kamoc in. And I might donate for them.
I'd donate for any of the old OT-Junkies interested in popping up around here. Maybe get some of that good ole days feeling back. :P

I know there weren't really any good ole days, but memory is funny like that.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:56 pm

Arigatomina wrote:I know there weren't really any good ole days, but memory is funny like that.
Don't say that! :(
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General Discussion”