WMM plays the wrong part of the music on the timeline

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
juongyee
Org Profile

WMM plays the wrong part of the music on the timeline

Post by juongyee » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:06 pm

Whenever I skip to play a different part of the music, wmm keeps playing the wrong part. An example would be when I click for it to play the part of the music in 2:16, it would show that it's playing at that part, only it isn't and it sounds like it's playing the part in 1:50. :?:

I used mp3 file and then tried to convert it to wav to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. :(

starseekergem
Org Profile

Post by starseekergem » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:54 am

Try converting the wav back to mp3. If that fails then you'll need either a new song or bucketloads of patience. The song will align properly if you start from the start of the timeline.
I provide unattributable press briefings, You leak, He is being prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act.
I am an original thinker, You are eccentric, He is loony.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:58 am

no. don't edit with mp3 :/
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:03 pm

Minion wrote:no. don't edit with mp3 :/
You are the second person to say this about WMM in a matter of days, In all the time we've been using WMM Sweet deily and I, oh and Truck (from his IM's) have never had a problem with MP3 in WMM.
are you sure you are not applying you premiere/vegas/whatever experiences to this program?
honestly I'm not trying to cause a fight just interested as to whether you have experienced a problem with MP3 in wmm and what the prolem is (so that others can avoid it and will know what it is when it occurs)
new banzors in the making :p

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:07 pm

The more compressed something is, the harder time you're going to have with correctly synching things. That goes for video, audio, whatever. If your timing sucks to begin with you're not going to notice, but if you're going for very precise beat-synch there may be issues. It's WMM though, so you're probably not going to notice a difference - WMM doesn't allow for easy spot-on synch when you do it RIGHT.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:28 am

Interesting, I suppose that I've never noticed any additional sync issues from using a mp3 because WMM doesn't allow you the control premiere does and beat matching is always a bit 'fuzzy' in WMM regardless of your audio source. program limitations and all that.
I wonder if chosing the max file quality when making mp3's (in which case you end up with bigger files) makes a difference? my mp3's are always quite large (average 14mb for 3.5 mins)

Now that I've started using premiere I'm really noticing the difference in sync (I think it's harder to sync than WMM, because it's a little too accurate *sigh*)
I got used to using the blunt knife, and now the sharp one is cutting off fingers.

mutantfish01
Org Profile

Post by mutantfish01 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:50 pm

Yeah...I'm having this exact same problem. For at least one amv...I just dealt with it, but now it might become a huge problem. I've NEVER used premiere...so I know it's a WMM problem.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:56 am

i've had problems with WMM starting playback of audio corresponding to where the cursor is placed on the timeline.

basically the only solution was to save the timeline to a movie and watch the segment in media player to see if the synch is right. it sucked, but if you're trying to synch video to audio in the preview <strike>pain</strike> pane, the video lag in the preview pane is gonna be a much larger problem than the audio starting in the wrong spot.
BasharOfTheAges wrote:The more compressed something is, the harder time you're going to have with correctly synching things. That goes for video, audio, whatever.
not really, mjpeg will return faithful timing on video frames.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Re: WMM plays the wrong part of the music on the timeline

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:57 am

juongyee wrote:Whenever I skip to play a different part of the music, wmm keeps playing the wrong part. An example would be when I click for it to play the part of the music in 2:16, it would show that it's playing at that part, only it isn't and it sounds like it's playing the part in 1:50. :?:

I used mp3 file and then tried to convert it to wav to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. :(
if you using mp3 you need to decode it in other program I will say then make it .wmv format so it can import in your WMM to play it right. That's what I do some times. If you know what I mean "__" ?

If not just PM and I will help you as I can and know some other program it might be useful too! :D :) :D

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:26 am

mutantfish01 wrote:Yeah...I'm having this exact same problem. For at least one amv...I just dealt with it, but now it might become a huge problem. I've NEVER used premiere...so I know it's a WMM problem.
you will want top use files with a bit rate of 320kbps it should happen with these higher quality files. actually anything over 200 seems to work good, :D

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”