Adobe After Effects memory problem

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:26 pm

Before that...
Can you determine if any particular one of the effects is causing the problem? If a particular effect is the trouble, turn it off, and all effects under it on that layer. Render the layer to an avi, then apply the effects on that avi. That may work. Alternatively, you could try nesting the comp instead of rendering like vlad said.

Kadaj
Org Profile

Post by Kadaj » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:44 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Before that...
Can you determine if any particular one of the effects is causing the problem? If a particular effect is the trouble, turn it off, and all effects under it on that layer. Render the layer to an avi, then apply the effects on that avi. That may work. Alternatively, you could try nesting the comp instead of rendering like vlad said.
i think it was the 3d layer that caused it to crack. i'll give it a shot at saving as an avi, that seems fairly promising.
ImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:05 pm

Regarding that, do you really even need the basic 3d effect on there? After Effects has 3d built into each layer already, you just have to turn on the switch... I think the Basic 3d effect is just a throwback from before After Effects supported 3d on the actual layers.

Kadaj
Org Profile

Post by Kadaj » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:09 pm

yeah that'd probably run better come to think of it.
Also i think i've figured out why AE is just so bitchy about the one part; it's because it's trying to render two trapcodes after the 3d effect. i've tried making it the lower layer so the trapcode plugins are on top and that seems to help too.

thanks a heap zarxrax. :P
ImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:08 am

How much memory does you computer have? How much is allocated to the program?

Vlad

Return to “Adobe Software”