What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:32 pm

Seriously, what's with Rock You Like a Hurricane not being in GH2? WTF. That song is perfect for GH2. It's the only song I wanted to make an appearance. Bought it and love it anyway, but still.

PS Thunderhorse on Expert is godly fun
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:48 pm

Currently nothing, as I've just reclaimed my soul from Okami - a lovely adventure/RPG which nobody played because it's on an ancient console, but they should, god(s)dammit. It's fun, funfunfun.

Next, in order to avoid the soul-suckage of the Okami NewGame+, it's probably going to be Disgaea. Part of the Grand Tour of RPGs I Never Got Around to Playing: Disgaea, .hack, Steambot Chronicles, Lunar 2, Atelier Iris, FFX/X2, Radiata Stories, La Pucelle, Suikoden 3-5, and probably Phantom Brave if I haven't died of old age by then.

I don't have any new consoles, so no games that anyone's ever heard of. I did spend much of this summer on Oblivion, if anyone remembers that; that was the last "real" game I played. :)

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:53 pm

Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG - Super NES :P

HorrorPhD
Org Profile

Post by HorrorPhD » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:03 pm

City of Heroes on a pretty regular basis...and by pretty regular I'm really saying that I need therapy for as much as I play. :oops:
ImageImage

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:06 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:I did spend much of this summer on Oblivion, if anyone remembers that; that was the last "real" game I played. :)
I tried it on my PC, but my graphics card isn't quite good enough to play it comfortably. So I went and got Morrowind, which plays infintely smoother.

Also, Suikoden 5 on your list, GREAT choice. Game was a complete surprise for me. First 5 hours were slow, but the next 70 were great. Yes, I racked up nearly 75 hours on that game before I beat it. And FFXII is looking the same way, but the plot isn't nearly as engaging.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:52 pm

FFXII, Guitar Hero 2, and Guild Wars. Haven't played the former two in a bit though. Sorta cycling through 'em.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:06 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Also, Suikoden 5 on your list, GREAT choice. Game was a complete surprise for me. First 5 hours were slow, but the next 70 were great. Yes, I racked up nearly 75 hours on that game before I beat it.
I keep hearing that half of the Suikoden series rocks and half of it sucks, but I can never remember which is which. So, since 3+ aren't hard to find or expensive, I figure the only thing to do is to play through and make up my own mind. (Have already played and liked 1 and 2.)

But Oblivion is the ultimate game until the next ultimate game comes along *hyperventilates* ...that's cool. I'm glad that people can still enjoy Morrowind. I loved that game and played the hell out of it; I think I had more hours on it than Oblivion, actually. (I played both on their respective XBoxen, borrowed, so there wasn't a PC issue. :?)

starcat09
Org Profile

Post by starcat09 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:18 pm

Zelda (gamecube), Kirby: Squeak Squad, and the ever-joyful "Let's Find Soft Foods that Won't Hurt our Teeth!"

Yeah. I got spacers. :/ Not fun. (Video games make a lovely distraction from the hunger though.)

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:53 pm

FF8 and Summon Night 2.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:06 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:I keep hearing that half of the Suikoden series rocks and half of it sucks, but I can never remember which is which.
I think the general consensus is that 4 and Tactics sucks, but 1-3 and 5 are pretty good. I've only played small parts of 1 and 2, and none of 3 though.

Return to “General Discussion”