Bars of color instead of gradients?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
dreamoflife02
Org Profile

Bars of color instead of gradients?

Post by dreamoflife02 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:32 pm

So in my AMV, whenever the footage is moving wherever there is supposed to be a gradient I get these ugly blocks of color instead. However, when it's stopped on one frame, the gradient looks fine. Is there something I have to add into my script to fix that? My script as it is now:

ConvertToYV12()
deen("w2d",6,7,9)
Temporalcleaner()
mfrainbow(strength=255)
ConvertToRGB24()

(I have to convert it twice because I use TMPGEnc.)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:02 pm

How are you viewing it? In virtualdub? That problem could be caused by virtualdub's display settings.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: Bars of color instead of gradients?

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:53 pm

dreamoflife02 wrote:ConvertToYV12()
deen("w2d",6,7,9)
Temporalcleaner()
mfrainbow(strength=255)
ConvertToRGB24()
Is the video quality really so abysmal that you need settings that high? (and mfrainbow is known to cause color weirdness - LUTDeRainbow and DFMDeRainbow work a lot better than mfrainbow anyway, IMO)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Bars of color instead of gradients?

Post by Scintilla » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:43 pm

Qyot27 wrote:(and mfrainbow is known to cause color weirdness - LUTDeRainbow and DFMDeRainbow work a lot better than mfrainbow anyway, IMO)
... and they can both be found <a href="http://www.aquilinestudios.org/scripts/">here</a>. ^_^
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

dreamoflife02
Org Profile

Post by dreamoflife02 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:12 pm

Zarxrax wrote:How are you viewing it? In virtualdub? That problem could be caused by virtualdub's display settings.
Ha. I feel silly now. I was viewing it in VDub because nothing else I had would play it... and I just downloaded VLC and it looked fine in that.

Thanks for the suggestion about mfrainbow, Qyot27, I'm pretty new to scripts so I don't know what works best yet.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:11 am

dreamoflife02 wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:How are you viewing it? In virtualdub? That problem could be caused by virtualdub's display settings.
Ha. I feel silly now. I was viewing it in VDub because nothing else I had would play it... and I just downloaded VLC and it looked fine in that.
For future reference, you can fix this by changing the "Output color depth" under "Quick preview defaults" on the Main tab of the VirtualDubMod 1.5.10 Preferences window (the location may be slightly different for other versions of VDub/Mod); the "Use output setting" setting should do it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “AviSynth Help”