Premiere Pro freezing up and Error Compiling Movie

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Anoel
Org Profile

Premiere Pro freezing up and Error Compiling Movie

Post by Anoel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:50 am

So I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro and have avisynths of DVDs that I ripped that I'm using to make my vid. While creating it, the program kept freezing and/or crashing on me including not playing which caused me to have to restart it. I use the Avisynth Plugin GUI and have tried the memory from 4 to 64 to no avail. I got rid of lots of avisynth "clips" and put them in another project and worked with them there and then imported them into my original project. I'm willing to put up with occasional restarts but now when trying to export it I get: "Error Compiling Movie: Unknown Error". Even when I used the Adobe support guide and restarted my computer, turned off auto save and got rid of the effects, it still doesnt work. I tried Debugmode frameserving to Virtualdub and that didn't work either.

At this point, I'm frustrated, angry and really tired of fight with Premiere/my computer. Does anyone know what could be wrong, what I could to fix this?

Polaco
Org Profile

Re: Premiere Pro freezing up and Error Compiling Movie

Post by Polaco » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:01 pm

I had the same problem a few weeks ago (with Premiere 6.5). In my case what happened is that I connected my fax machine to the computer and installed the software the fax came with. After I uninstalled it I stop having the problem. Have you installed some other thing to your computer? Maybe you are having the same problem.
Hope it helps.
Help me! I'll help you!

Anoel
Org Profile

Post by Anoel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:33 pm

I uninstalled my all in one printer but I'm still having the same problem although its a bit faster.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:22 am

The AVISynth crashing is occuring because of a lack of memory for Premiere to use in order to process the scripts while exporting. I ran into this problem with my video "Stay With Me." It is workable, though. All you need to do is export chunks of the video. For me, I did either 5 or 10 seconds because I needed some heavy filters to make CCS look fine. Changing the SetMemoryMax setting to a higher level will likey hurt you if you are crashing while using 4MB.

As for the error... have you tried another codec? Or even tried exporting uncompressed?

Return to “Adobe Software”