I need a video editing software for .rm / .ram files

end3r7
Org Profile

I need a video editing software for .rm / .ram files

Post by end3r7 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:29 pm

Which one would be the best? And the cheapest? And the best deal (most for my money)?

Thanks in advance,
B

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:03 am

I believe most editing programs won't like editing with .rm or .ram (Real Media) files. The general recommendation is to use DVDs as your source footage if at all possible. For all other video sources, you should convert them to something that the editing programs can deal with better, like Huffyuv or Lagarith lossless compressed AVIs or Uncompressed AVIs if you have the hard drive space. Avoid editing directly with DivX/XviD/other MPEG-4, Real Media, Theora/VP3, Flash/VP6, and other lossy codecs.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:10 am

Oops, I half answered.

As for software, there is no 'best'. For cheapest, there is always Windows Movie Maker which comes with Windows XP, or a Free/Open Source Software solution (see the sticky posts on the top of this forum. For best deal, I usually recommend Magix Movie Edit Pro which sells for about $50 and can be had for as low as $20 if it goes on sale at Best Buy. You could also look for older versions of top-line editing programs like this deal for Vegas 6.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

end3r7
Org Profile

Post by end3r7 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:29 pm

Cheers, thanks a bunch

end3r7
Org Profile

Post by end3r7 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:29 pm

What's a good converter from .ram to .avi, .mpeg/.mpg?

One preferably that is cheap/free and can convert many at a time. =)

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 pm

end3r7 wrote:What's a good converter from .ram to .avi, .mpeg/.mpg?

One preferably that is cheap/free and can convert many at a time. =)
Well there is not gud software I will say but it depends on how you use it :roll: .
I will say I am using a Blaze Media Pro this is a Audio and Video Editing Converter also included some codec that you need and stream too! This is not so much expensive and I can say you can use this too :D It easy to use not other converter it confuse me alot :D :) :D

Return to “Video & Audio Help”