Premiere export

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Premiere export

Post by Orwell » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:13 pm

Is it possible to export out of premiere a series of images with transparent backgrounds and retain that feature for re-importation as regular footage?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:34 pm

nope. video is flat.
you can though export them with green where you want transparency to be, then greenscreen it in the new project
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:58 pm

I think...THINK, mind you...there is an option to export with alpha channels (transparency) preserved. I know HuffYUV has the option in it's settings, I just can't remember if Premiere actually gives that alpha data out to the codec in the first place. I'd test it but I'm lazy and this is a free Internet terminal far from my editing computer.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:08 pm

If you export as Uncompressed RGB, one of the color bit depth settings should enable alpha channel. I think the option is called "Billions of colors+" or something similar.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Adobe Software”