Ah, DivX Logos

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Ah, DivX Logos

Post by niji tsuki » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:55 pm

Many people hate to see that wonderful little DivX watermark on AMVs, and yet they want you to compress your movies using DivX because it's "so good" - but if you export using DivX, you're going to get the DivX logo.

How do you get rid of that bloody thing?! It drives me bonkers sometimes. I'd like to sort this problem out once and for all.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:06 am

1) Use XviD instead.

2) Read this thread.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:14 am

dont use DIVX files in your video program... use another codec...

go into your DIVX program and turn off the logo so it doesnt get hard encoded into your wmv file or your (insert other type of file here) file..

and read this

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Ah, DivX Logos

Post by Scintilla » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:24 am

niji tsuki wrote:Many people hate to see that wonderful little DivX watermark on AMVs, and yet they want you to compress your movies using DivX because it's "so good" - but if you export using DivX, you're going to get the DivX logo.
1) No, they want you to compress your movies using XviD because it's better. :P

2) If the DivX logo shows up when you play a video, it's there for one of two reasons:<ul><li><b>It has been hardcoded into the video</b>, because someone was using DivX as <i>source footage</i> in something like Windows Movie Maker and didn't have the logo turned off <b>on their machine</b>. If this is the case, then the video can be in any format -- MPEG-1, WMV, AVI -- and it will still have the DivX logo, and there's nothing you as the viewer can do about it.<li><b>You're using the DivX codec to watch the video</b> in whatever media player you use, and you don't have the logo turned off <b>on your machine</b>. In this case, you can solve the problem simply by going to the DivX decoder options and disabling the logo (I believe the option is on the second tab), or by ditching DivX and getting some other codec to handle DivX streams (like XviD or ffdshow).</ul>Let us be very clear on this point: compressing or exporting your video with the DivX codec, in and of itself, will not hardcode the DivX logo into your video -- only using DivX-encoded <i>source footage</i> does that.
niji tsuki wrote:How do you get rid of that bloody thing?! It drives me bonkers sometimes. I'd like to sort this problem out once and for all.
See above.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:21 am

i havn't heard anyone call divx great in quite awile. xvid is where it's at
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:06 am

aparently x264 is the wave of the future though O.O

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:20 am

Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:28 am

Thanks for your help everybody (I've been making videos for years, but sometimes I feel like such a n00b). Well, my sister and I finally figured it out and (hopefully) if anyone's looking at this thread for the answer we have it now.
I'm not sure what version of DivX we have, but we know it's an updated version.

Go to the Start Menu and go to DivX, then DivX Codec, and click Decoder Configuration Utility.

Then click the tab that says "Toolbar" and at the bottom of the window you'll see "Show DivX logo watermark" UNCHECK IT

And you're on your way to making better (appreciated) videos! *thumbs up!* :D

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:26 am

Or you could always use something other than DivX... XviD comes to mind, having been the standard here for a few years now.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Video & Audio Help”