AWA Pro & DDR Project 2 Videos - Online

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:15 am

Rozard wrote:"It's the newwwwwwwwwwww style!"

My only beef with the video is how the track tore Deep Purple a new one. I soooooooooo prefer the original "Smoke On The Water." :x
I have to agree. This version does tend cause the desire to gouge one's eyes out. But, it eventually grew on us.

Despite the lyrics being completely unintelligable. Grrrr ruff! But, Sano got to be our lip syncing whore, so it's all good.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:52 pm

MeriC wrote:Hopefully, we'll actually learn some advanced techniques for the next project, and churn out something that will be worthy of a nice dance video.
Like I said...I talk to these people who make "good" amvs. All amvs are based on these days are how many effects you used and how good they looked. Same goes for the creators. All they ever talk about is more effects and higher bitrates. Learn to make a good video before you try to edit every single frame
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:59 pm

Yeah, and we should all take after your classics :roll:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:20 am

MeriC wrote:Heheh, thanks for the kind words (and shameless attention, tee hee!) for the video. Hell, ours is so lacking in effects compared to the other videos in the DDR project. Jeff Heller's, for example, made excellent use of effects to help accentuate the music. Same thing for Eric Kobet, Ian, and Scott's videos, for that matter. But, there were also really awesome "straight-cut" videos in the project that fit songs wonderfully. Hopefully, we'll actually learn some advanced techniques for the next project, and churn out something that will be worthy of a nice dance video.
I actually didn't use any big effects in my video, just wanted to do something fun and fast pased since I was so burnt out from my other major video project....

Vlad

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:43 am

Rozard wrote:Yeah, and we should all take after your classics :roll:
I'd be happy
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:58 pm

Hmmm... I use what some refer to as "effects..." does this now make my videos bad? Back when Welles created Kane he used some camera techniques that most studio execs referred to as "effects..." They wanted him to take a more classic approach. Hey, I've got it! Maybe people are experimenting with a relatively new art form! Perhaps they are trying different "effects" to make videos more their own - perhaps it's a - wait for it - STYLISTIC DECISION!

Oh, fuck, I forgot - I don't know jack shit.

Granted, some effects are used for effects sake, but this doesn't mean that just because someone uses what you refer to as effects makes the video a bad piece of work.

If you want to start talking about editing and different stylistic philosophies editors have had over the years, I'd be glad to. It would be nice to have another conversation like that - its been so long.

Smoke was a very well made video - and had I not been drunk and been so obsessed with my bunny at AWA, I would've danced my ass off to it, which is exactly what a dance video is supposed to do. Good work.

-N

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:23 am

It's hard to have an arguement with people about something they are fans of because of course they are going to have the "say it ain't so" approach. Since amvs started they've become much more technical. Because a lot more people can work a computer than have actual artistic abilities tons of people try to compesate by beating previous videos with stupid no meaning effects. It's always going to be that way. Everyone wants to be artsy, not everyone is. As amvs progress more and more people will use more and more effects they don't need while making thier amv projects longer and longer. Eventually the creators will quit after they realize buying a cowboy bebop dvd for 30$ is much easier than working on an amv for half a year to win one at a con. Once the creators start to die off the fans will also die off and amvs will die entirely. amvs never had a chance to become big and maybe get an mtv of thier own. The songs are pirated as well as all the footage. It's a big pirate-fest.

Those are my feelings on where amvs have come from and where they will end up. Until then, I hope some amv creators learn some individuality and come up with some good ideas that can be executed and make it's viewers feel a certain way rather than spewing out this digital effects race junk they have been lately. I wonder when the next genius comes up with the genius idea that since tainted donuts used two animes and it was great then 3 animes should be even better. Yeah, straight artistic genius. If you can say you're bill gates offspring without anyone doubting you then please, stay the hell out of amvs. Not all people are artistic. Jackie Chan once said something like; Not everyone can be Jackie. I am Jackie. Don't try to be like me. Study computers.

Listen to him.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:59 am

You have a valid viewpoint but you have rudely hijacked the thread which was trying to advertise a video in a honest manner.

If you have an opinion on the video, then leave an opinion. If you have an opinion on amvs in general then post it in the General AMV forum.

Ranting in a thread where someone is trying to advertise the video they worked INCREDIBLY hard on is an insult. Go and take your lack of manners elsewhere.

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:07 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:You have a valid viewpoint but you have rudely hijacked the thread which was trying to advertise a video in a honest manner.

If you have an opinion on the video, then leave an opinion. If you have an opinion on amvs in general then post it in the General AMV forum.

Ranting in a thread where someone is trying to advertise the video they worked INCREDIBLY hard on is an insult. Go and take your lack of manners elsewhere.
You have failed to miss something very important...

I don't give a fuck about manners on an amv forum

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:12 pm

Ah, Mag, but what do you say to someone who's done BOTH fx and NON-fx videos?!

:roll:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”