Another n00bish question...

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 pm

I wonder why d2v files are so volitile

can't move them
can't move the source footage (I assume this, because the d2v files won't work if the source footage isn't avaliable)
can't create while running some other programs

what next? they won't work if you make them while you're talking on a cell phone next to your computer?

Millions Legato
Org Profile

Post by Millions Legato » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:26 am

Well, i decided to uninstall everything and try theis whole thing over from scratch, wasnt that far ahead so it wasnt all bad. Now to see if reinstalling everything works..
If wishes and busts were clusters of nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:02 am

Kariudo wrote:I wonder why d2v files are so volitile

can't move them
can't move the source footage (I assume this, because the d2v files won't work if the source footage isn't avaliable)
can't create while running some other programs

what next? they won't work if you make them while you're talking on a cell phone next to your computer?
if im not mistaken, you cant edit with a source that isnt there because... well.. it isnt there... and i have had no problems making d2v files while running other programs... as for moving them... never had a need to move mine, if i did, i usually made new ones anyways... but its a lot faster then converting a dvd to an avi file... be glad that you dont have to do that anymore... *oh the hours i used to spend converting dvds to avi files... twas sickening...*

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:10 pm

Kariudo wrote:what next? they won't work if you make them while you're talking on a cell phone next to your computer?
Of course not! d2v files are allergic to bluetooth and cell phone magnetic fields.

.d2v could just as well be .emo
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “AviSynth Help”