CCCP problem...

uchihaclan13
Org Profile

CCCP problem...

Post by uchihaclan13 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:57 pm

I just wanted to reinstall my CCCP codec, when for some reason, when I wanted to reset my settings, my AVG scanner detected there was a trojan in it. I click heal and then. The directory came from all of the install.dlls. What's going on??? Now everytime when I try to reinstall CCCP, I can't even go into the settings anymore. Instead, I get that "threat detected!!" warning. Can someone help me quick or any advice? Does finding an older version of CCCP help?

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Re: CCCP problem...

Post by Gepetto » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:35 pm

uchihaclan13 wrote:CCCP codec
You mean CCCP codec pack, since it installs several software, including, but not limited to, codecs.

Just disable your antivirus, install, then restart.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

uchihaclan13
Org Profile

Post by uchihaclan13 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:49 pm

!_! oh wow, that did the trick. Thanks. Who knew that the anti-virus would be the problem for codec/codec packs?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Also you want to make sure you are downloading the cccp pack from the official site. If you grab it from some other random site, it is possible that it could have been actually infected with a virus, while the versions on the official site should be clean.

That being said, anti-virus software can often find false positives, meaning it thinks something contains a virus which really doesnt.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”