Premiere Pro 1.5 max.ressolution of imported clips?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Premiere Pro 1.5 max.ressolution of imported clips?

Post by BauziOLD » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:33 am

I have a question about Premiere Pro. I wanted to import an image. The image is made in Photoshop CS1 and it is 7500x7500. When I imported the file Premiere said, that the ressolution of the imported clip (yes it said clip...) is to big. Ok the imagefile is huge, but what is the maximum ressolution of files that I can import in Premiere Pro :?:
ImageImageImage

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:40 am

Oh... That´s funny:
MAGIX can import .psd without a patch or add/on (Vegas needs an add/on).
It can also import the file fast and with no problems. :? Quite interressting, but anyway: What is the max width/heigth Adobe Premiere supports?
ImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:19 am

From what I've gathered (and from what helpful people here have told me when i was going through a similar problem), Premiere and After Effects have to load images completely while Photoshop makes it's own approximations of the images to save on RAM. That means height x width x color depth (I think that's the correct term at least) = the amount of RAM needed to load that image. I know AE at least won't make proper use of pagefile - i've had images that were serveral GB in size when uncompressed and nothing was taking at all.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Adobe Software”