WMM problems =.=

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
elite-dreams
Org Profile

WMM problems =.=

Post by elite-dreams » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:47 pm

when i import a video into wmm, it was okey but then wen i made my own clips, or took a clip and moved it onto the timeline, the program just freezed and i tried doing this over and over again and the same thing happend and its really pissing me off xD since i really need to use it now. and yes i tried it with different formated videos and its the same. I didnt recently install the AMVapp into my comp and this was the first time using my WMM after the install. HELP PLEASE =[!

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:15 pm

help? xD

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:23 pm

Make sure your clips arent encoded with Xvid or Divx
To edit you need to use codecs like Huffyuv, Lagarith or something similar.
just open the clips in virtualdub and select on of those codecs to convert to.
You can read the guides if you need any help converting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:23 pm

i converted the file to lagarith but its still going crazy, especially the ffdshow. is it suppose to show multiple icons of the same decoder. like when i play a clip or put the cliip onto the timeline, more then one of the same ffdshow icons come up in the program tray.

i used to import like xdiv formated videos but in .avi to wmm and it worked fine until recently after having AMVapp installed while having CCCP already in my comp then things went crazy. but i have that problem kinda solved. now i just need my wmm to work properly.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:09 am

You need to uninstall CCCP in order to edit/play or save movie file in WMM.
The plug in's in AMVAPP for CCCP are fine but the Haali media splitter is wots causing your aneurism.

I'm doing this currently.... so everythime I want to watch MP4 I reinstall the codec, but if I'm editing my amv I need to uninstall first.
also there's another WMM thread below which might help, which cheekymonkey started
new banzors in the making :p

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:13 am

When you install the Haali Media Splitter, just don't allow it to split .AVI files, and then you shouldn't have this problem.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:22 am

umm...that i already did, like you can set the settings for the Haali splitter and the AVI was already checked off and the rest are checked like the DivX err...mp4 and etc. So i should uninstall CCCP and install AMVapp and then download just the Haali splitter its self and make sure it doesnt split AVI.
unless you want me to uninstall the haali everytime i need to edit videos in wmm?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:33 pm

elite-dreams wrote: unless you want me to uninstall the haali everytime i need to edit videos in wmm?
I Just uninstall the whole pack (was simpler for me, but ur probably not as technicaly challenged as I am :) ) and the plugin's from AMVAPP stayed in the folder (which doesn't matter if you don't have it installed in the first place.
This is how I got around the problem. But whatever works for you is good too :wink:

If you've done this and it's still happening then it could be a different problem.... I don't know how FFDsomthing show affects WMM, as I don't have it.
new banzors in the making :p

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:18 pm

elite-dreams wrote:umm...that i already did, like you can set the settings for the Haali splitter and the AVI was already checked off and the rest are checked like the DivX err...mp4 and etc. So i should uninstall CCCP and install AMVapp and then download just the Haali splitter its self and make sure it doesnt split AVI.
unless you want me to uninstall the haali everytime i need to edit videos in wmm?
Actually, what I meant was, install the CCCP, but when it's installing the Haali splitter, don't let it split AVI files.

Unless the CCCP installation process won't let you change those options? I wouldn't know; I have never installed either the CCCP or AMVapp 2.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:27 pm

well...wen u install the CCCP, they install everything in and then lastly they have the settings pop up and the first one is the ffdshow settings then the next is the Haali splitter settings. and i checked off the splitter for .avi files but its not doing anything. but u see, wen i open wmm, the haali splitter doesnt run when im importing or playing the videos onto wmm, its the fddshow that keeps poping up in mutliple icons in the item tray.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”