Adobe After Effects ERROR! HELP!

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:54 pm

oh okie, *reading >.<* lolz thanks you.

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:21 pm

umm..if i cant compress my video into xvid or divx then wat format should i choose? like the compress codec or w.e. anything but HuffYUV since it takes up to much room, tried saving it then ran out of space. and for the audio, if its a avi file and the format i think is mp3 should i save the file as .wav and then start saving the video? can someone give me some formats or settings i should save the video and audio as for AE 7 pro.
im still a bit confused..

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:07 pm

Lagarith yeilds smaller files than huffyuv, but you really shouldn't encode an entire episode (or series) with a lossless codec.

there is a section in that guide about making clips using virtualDubMod.
I suggest that you go over that (and then give it a shot).
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... meth1.html

for audio, convert your .mp3 to .wav (but don't forget to turn it back into an mp3 when you mux the audio/video after you're done editing)

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:21 pm

they say to use premiere for editting and cutting, just for say(make my life a bit easier since my prj is due soon and i dont really need it to be perfect) could i use WMM for edditing and cutting and adding the music and then save it as a windows media file and then open it in virtualdubmod and compress the vid into the correct formats and then send it into AE for effects. when i add the effects, would it effect the timing of the vid? like would it effect the video and the audio i joined?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:40 pm

yes you can do your editing in WMM, no you shouldn't export as wmv.
WMM should have the option to export uncompressed or as DV-avi...which you can then import into vdubmod and add the audio. (you should be able to encode with lagarith in this step)

when you use your footage in AE it can mess with the sync (but only if you mess with it. the program alone shouldn't mess with the sync)

if you do this, be sure to read up on exporting from WMM, and you will want to take your clips with vdubmod.

*as a side note, you wanted to use affect instead of effect when you were talking about AE messing with the sync

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:03 pm

=.=;, didnt have time to think bout my grammer mistake xD. that means if i had effects in certain parts of the vid, it could make the vid longer and become un sync?
-oh and WMM only allows u to save the movie as WMA, and u tried to look in the options if i could change how its saved but there wasnt any =/ unless u no whhere xD.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:11 pm

simply adding effects will not affect the sync.
if you change the position of the clips/audio it will.

WMM options should be similar to WMM2 options, in which case you should look at this

if you still don't see the options (I've played around with WMM briefly so I know there are other optiions...but now it's dead not like it's that much of a loss) then you could just get WMM2

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:24 pm

umm...the ffdshow is making my WMM crazy (oh, and my version of the WMM is 2.1) since i dled the AMVapp. i think prolly cuz my CCCP comes with ffdshow adding up wit the AMVapp ffdshow making it go crazy xD. err..i uninstalled the AMVapp + CCCP and reinstalled the CCCP and it waz...somewhat okey and then everytime i imported a video or opended a prj, the DirectVobSub icon in the item tray in the start tool bar kept flashing which made my WMM..freeze =.=;. i used the directshow ermonter thingy to uninstall it and it was fine BUT then the DivX manager icon in the tray started to flash wen i opened a prj =.=; its the DivX thing..er, the icon is liek a blueish folder with the text divx on it. so, i think its that thing thats not letting me split my videos. its a xDIV formated vid and wen i split one of the clips, my wmm closes/shuts down.

srry, huge paragraph xD. this computer is making me crazy, well my question is, how do i get rid of that codec thingy since i dont think its tat much important since i think the CCCP has a divx codec in it already. and am i able to dl the Lagarith and the huffyuv that came with the AMVapp seperatly instead of dling the whole amv pack?

Return to “Adobe Software”