looking for a "flash" effect on wmm

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.

Postby Cornwiggle » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:14 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
*Storm_Rose* wrote:WMM was my first program, and I used it for 5 months, so I think I’ve pretty much learned all the tricks. ^_^

Anywho, what I use to do for flash effect was to cut the clips into tiny bits and use the fade in from white/black effect (whichever one suits you).

Hope that helps. ^^
Pretty much the way I did it as well. If the flash is not fast enough, make the clip a little shorter until you have just the right flash. Just be careful not to everdo it, nobody likes going blind. :)


Or if you just can't get the clip to right speed you want the flashes or something because it's inbetween other clips, you should save it as a WMV then reimport it back into the timeline, then cut it up from there, since it's all one, you have a totally fresh start on adjusting it even more.
¯\(°_o)/¯
User avatar
Cornwiggle
 
Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Lost Ground

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:28 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:
*Storm_Rose* wrote:WMM was my first program, and I used it for 5 months, so I think I’ve pretty much learned all the tricks. ^_^

Anywho, what I use to do for flash effect was to cut the clips into tiny bits and use the fade in from white/black effect (whichever one suits you).

Hope that helps. ^^
Pretty much the way I did it as well. If the flash is not fast enough, make the clip a little shorter until you have just the right flash. Just be careful not to everdo it, nobody likes going blind. :)


Or if you just can't get the clip to right speed you want the flashes or something because it's inbetween other clips, you should save it as a WMV then reimport it back into the timeline, then cut it up from there, since it's all one, you have a totally fresh start on adjusting it even more.


Yeah,what Cornwiggle said is an ideal solution when the vid is overdone with small clips.However,remember to save in the best quality possible because when you'll reimport the file there'll surely be a decrease in the quality...
User avatar
Full Metal Sempai
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Location: Athens, Greece

Postby Cornwiggle » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Full Metal Sempai wrote:
Cornwiggle wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:
*Storm_Rose* wrote:WMM was my first program, and I used it for 5 months, so I think I’ve pretty much learned all the tricks. ^_^

Anywho, what I use to do for flash effect was to cut the clips into tiny bits and use the fade in from white/black effect (whichever one suits you).

Hope that helps. ^^
Pretty much the way I did it as well. If the flash is not fast enough, make the clip a little shorter until you have just the right flash. Just be careful not to everdo it, nobody likes going blind. :)


Or if you just can't get the clip to right speed you want the flashes or something because it's inbetween other clips, you should save it as a WMV then reimport it back into the timeline, then cut it up from there, since it's all one, you have a totally fresh start on adjusting it even more.


Yeah,what Cornwiggle said is an ideal solution when the vid is overdone with small clips.However,remember to save in the best quality possible because when you'll reimport the file there'll surely be a decrease in the quality...


Yeah for that "high quality video (large)" is usually the best way to go.
¯\(°_o)/¯
User avatar
Cornwiggle
 
Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Lost Ground

Postby NS » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:10 pm

Don't know if your question has been answered yet. but how i do it is fade in and out from white or black on a short clip....simple.
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Postby Autraya » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:09 am

NerdStrudel wrote:Don't know if your question has been answered yet. but how i do it is fade in and out from white or black on a short clip....simple.


NerdStrudel is right.
This is how u do it, basically:

Right click on the piece of footage we're flashing. Go to 'video effects'. This will show you a nice little list of all the stuff it can add/do to ur clip.
Select fade in from white/black or fade out to white/black. Hit the add button or just double click. Click okay and ur done.
Whether you use white or black should be based on the footage and which one suits more.

For example: In my warcraft montage I used white flashes in the Illiden scene because there was lightning in the background. But black earlier when cutting.

For multiple flashes in WMM you're going to have to chop the footage up and repaste several times,
i.e.: apply the fade out/in effect, copy the footage, paste, crop back/forward etc. and repeat as desired.
Yes, it's the long way, but it works and is relatively easy to follow. :ninja:
new banzors in the making :p
User avatar
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Location: Terra Australis
Status: old

Postby Gepetto » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:57 pm

The question has been answered about 18 times. Me thinks it's time for lock.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
User avatar
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Location: The Tokyo Settlement
Status: Bored to tears

Previous

Return to Windows Movie Maker

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron