Window's Movie Maker trouble!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
CheekeeMonkee
Org Profile

Post by CheekeeMonkee » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:46 am

Thanks to those of you who have been trying so far.

Autraya, Wow you are still using WMM after all of that? So you use it to finish up your videos after using a moer capable program?

Hmm . . . looking at your advice I can't even get to that part. This is what is happening to me:
-I open WMM
-I then import my video clips and music
-Drag music or video clips into the timeline

And right after that one move I get a message that WMM has to force quit "Sorry for the inconvenience" :roll: lol! So I'm not able to do anything practically! I'm not using any effects yet because I don't have any clips in my timeline yet, since that's usually when it closes. I like to have all my clips in squence before I start with effects. I've been trying all night and it doesn't matter which clip or what I move, after one move the thing closes before I can save or anything, argh! It is so frustrating!! :x

Does this happen with any of the programs out there? Is this just the way it is?

HELP!!!! :cry:
*Peace!
~Kris
"Love is the ultimate trip."
"Don't pet the sweaty stuff."
"A day without problems is like a day without breathing!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/CheekeeMonkee85

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:40 am

CheekeeMonkee wrote: So you use it to finish up your videos after using a moer capable program?

Hah! I wish!!! I go from DVDDecrypter to Vdubmod (or Xilisoft at the moment) to WMM and output best qual thats it. Any scrubbing in AVIsynth afterwards stuffs up the WMM effects and throws the sync out completely (and I not know how to do effects in AVIsynth) will be deinterlacing with AVIsynth first for my next vid though (after the fafner one).
CheekeeMonkee wrote:
Hmm . . . looking at your advice I can't even get to that part. This is what is happening to me:
-I open WMM
-I then import my video clips and music
-Drag music or video clips into the timeline

If you have reinstalled the product and done the standard log off/on shut down thing that all help desks prescribe to. And shut down non essential tasks running in the background
I have only two suggestions:
1. u may need more RAM (what is the size of the footage you are importing?) some computers just cant handle it, for example advent children was over 170 GB in 3 files and gave my poor baby an aneurism, all I could do was upgrade RAM (to 3GB+) and still had some seziures though not anywhere near as bad. I also upped the amount of virtual memory allowable. wot sort of system r u running?

2. There may be something wrong in your program (delete!! or get new version) or corruptions in ur footage (which means re-ripping it)

oh any if u try to do to much at once it will have problems, I hit save after every 3-4 changes just in case (the bastard has burnt me before!!)
so drag music, hit save.
drag first clip, hit save.
and so on. waiting a second or 2 before the next change can help your system adjust.
how big is your footage? because this an important factor in why I have this same problem.
CheekeeMonkee wrote:
Does this happen with any of the programs out there? Is this just the way it is?

I would guess not! WMM is evil
CheekeeMonkee wrote:
HELP!!!! :cry:

hands a tissue

[MOD17: Quotes fixed.]
new banzors in the making :p

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:09 am

cmonkee with what codec are you source files encoded with?
chck and see that you dont have multiple codecs loaded on your PC and clashing.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:09 am

WMM doesn't like CCCP combined community codec pack.
new banzors in the making :p

sirvayza
Org Profile

Post by sirvayza » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm

avid has a free program for editing, it's kind of a pain in the ass and nothing like a real avid machine. now if you can get your dirty little paws on an avid, you can make the greatest amv of all time. 8-)

http://www.avid.com/freedv/

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”