Is making video load and work faster in premiere possible

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:07 pm

x_rex30 wrote:Compared with what?
When I end up making lossless files out of vobs, they end up taking(because of all the scenes I want to work with) more space than the original vob. Another thing you could do is instead of making lossless files out of parts of the vob, you could actually get a vob splitter, get the scenes that way, merge them if you like to make less of a mess, then run the newly created vob/vobs in dgindex and make a d2v that way. That way if the original vobs were too big for you taking too much space with unneeded footage, you'll have less space taken up. I understand if your computer is old, if that is the case then nevermind(though for me it always seemed lossless files playback was worse than a simple script). But if you have a good enough computer, I find this method works well. It has worked well on my laptop, my old desktop and new desktop, I haven't tested it that much on other computers, but since my laptop is pretty shitty, I don't think it would be that bad for some lower end computers.

Return to “AviSynth Help”