Adobe After Effects ERROR! HELP!

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
elite-dreams
Org Profile

Adobe After Effects ERROR! HELP!

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:14 pm

I have a problem with adobe after effects pro 7.0, wen i tryed to import a .avi video and its not a standard one i think, its like a divx mpeg codec?, it imports in but it gives me an error and only part of the video plays wen i play it in the program. smething like that and i think adobe only lets u import standard one piece type of videos right? does anyone no a way i can let adobe import .avi or divx videos? if i have to convert it, does anyone no a converter i can use thats free? or if theres an easier way please help ^^ thank yous.
-oh, and the error message i get is:
Adobe Effects error: retrieving frame from video stream
(53 :: 34)
please help, i need to finish my video for a sch. proj xD.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:18 pm

yay, I finally get to use this!
just replace premiere with after effects (in your mind)

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:21 pm

huh? oh..yea tat i no i think i found tat out yestaday so that means i have to conver it into a standard format...can u list some and which would be the best and if u no a good converter tats free xD, please list tat to if u no some. hehe..srry for asking so much. Thank yous.

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:23 pm

oops, missed something. the divx files actually kinda work fine in premiere except prolly for the fact that it took a really long time to export it =.=', oh and if u no a AE guide/tutorials in the forums, linkie =D

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:28 pm

the problem isn't that an avi file is "standard" or not, just that you encoded it with divx or xvid...which is bad for any type of editing.
you should probably encode your file with a lossless codec like Lagarith.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... index.html

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:32 pm

hmm..so i would have to convert the video into lagarith format? the movie is shinobi u no made from series basilisk. then all i have to do is find a program to convert or re encode it into lagarith? lolz

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:34 pm

oh and wa bout .mp3 files for the music? i heard AE arent good with those either o.O...sigh srry for asking continuesly its just im in hurry xD to get this thing working.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:39 pm

lagarith is the codec, avi is the container
I suggest that you Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>
and After Effects isn't meant to be used for editing (meant for effects to a video after you're done editing it). It is possible to edit with after effects, but it's harder to edit in AE than a program like premiere

and mp3 audio isn't good for editing either, you should convert to an uncompressed format like .wav

elite-dreams
Org Profile

Post by elite-dreams » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:44 pm

hmm..then in this case the container for the video is .avi and the codec is dix mpeg. Then how can i change the codec into lagarith? everything else i get.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:50 pm

Return to “Adobe Software”