bad encode?

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:39 am

sorry I haven't been responding.
I ran out of ideas a while ago, and I don't know why that chain of events led to a good result

so instead of trying to explain it (and probably fail at it) I felt it better to let someone else respond...but it seems that nobody else did

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:29 am

jonnkakarotto wrote:Should I have opened the uncompressed encode in VDM again, using only ConverttoYV12() in the script?
I'd skip the ConverttoYV12() if the RGB32 works. IMO, Uncompressed is better left at RGB32. For XviD/DivX/MPEG-4 encodes, the encoder should automatically convert the final output to YV12. The less colorspace conversions, the better.
jonnkakarotto wrote:Should I have added an extra step and encoded in huffy or lagarith for either version between steps 4 and 5?
No, UNLESS you need (or want) to keep a lossless compressed copy to save that uses less hard drive/DVD/CD space, OR...
jonnkakarotto wrote:If I were to use this video in an MEP, would I do what I asked before?
[/quote]
Depending on the MEP's submission requirements, if XviD/DivX isn't accepted for final segments, I'd re-encode the Uncompressed to Lagarith or Huffyuv for sending/uploading.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:33 am

No problem, Kariudo. You did what you could, and it helped me greatly.
Willen wrote:
jonnkakarotto wrote:Should I have opened the uncompressed encode in VDM again, using only ConverttoYV12() in the script?
I'd skip the ConverttoYV12() if the RGB32 works. IMO, Uncompressed is better left at RGB32. For XviD/DivX/MPEG-4 encodes, the encoder should automatically convert the final output to YV12. The less colorspace conversions, the better.
jonnkakarotto wrote:Should I have added an extra step and encoded in huffy or lagarith for either version between steps 4 and 5?
No, UNLESS you need (or want) to keep a lossless compressed copy to save that uses less hard drive/DVD/CD space, OR...
jonnkakarotto wrote:If I were to use this video in an MEP, would I do what I asked before?
Depending on the MEP's submission requirements, if XviD/DivX isn't accepted for final segments, I'd re-encode the Uncompressed to Lagarith or Huffyuv for sending/uploading.[/quote]

Thanks for that. I'll remember just how I did this so that when it happens next time (because I'm sure it will), I won't have to deal with such a headache.

Thanks to everyone who posted, helping me out a bunch.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”