The Bait and Switch Method problem in premiere

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:04 am

older revisions of premiere 6.5 don't have that feature. it only lets you switch between waveform and rubberbands, i know mine doesn't. That or i haven't figured out how to get it to work.

Pwolf

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:13 am

hmm i dont think its that it doesnt have it, i mean in Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>, the audio section is using premiere 6.0 so im pretty sure 6.5 would have it. Ive looked in the timeline window options but i cant just cant seem to get it

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:39 am

yea... the only reason i can think would be that the initial release of 6.5 disabled it or it's a bug that was fixed in a later revision... i dunno. my revision is r168 and I know for sure that Atomx's is a higher revision (and he has that feature).

Pwolf

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:24 am

i really hope thats not the case, because i dont want to get a another premiere

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:51 am

uP|iN|fLaM3z wrote:i really hope thats not the case, because i dont want to get a another premiere
it's really not that big of a deal, you don't <i>need</i> it. or do you?

Pwolf

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:51 am

Pwolf wrote:older revisions of premiere 6.5 don't have that feature. it only lets you switch between waveform and rubberbands, i know mine doesn't. That or i haven't figured out how to get it to work.

Pwolf
Premiere 6.0 lets you have the waveform and the rubber band at the same time, and as far as i know premiere 6.5 changed it to have one or the other. I dont think you can have both of them showing at the same time with 6.5, but its not really that big of an issue...

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:04 pm

well i dont care THAT much about it, but it would be nice to see the waveform and the rubberband at the same time for quick audio editing.

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:10 pm

another question (on topic ) before i switch all my avi files back to my avs files, should i add all the filtering to the avs file before switching back? (mftmoon,deen,tweak,etc.) or should i add them to my exported file from premiere?

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:53 am

uP|iN|fLaM3z wrote:another question (on topic ) before i switch all my avi files back to my avs files, should i add all the filtering to the avs file before switching back? (mftmoon,deen,tweak,etc.) or should i add them to my exported file from premiere?
IMO, if you do it before it will take longer to render, but it should look better because your not trying to add effects to fades and effects... '

i usually add that stuff right before i export...

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:15 am

obvious answer is, don't use the bait and switch method. too many things can go wrong.
remember murphy's law. anything that can go wrong, will.
it's only a matter of time.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Return to “Video & Audio Help”