Speeding up clips in Vegas?

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Speeding up clips in Vegas?

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Whenever I insert a velocity envelope on a clip and try to adjust the speed upward, that clip will not render. Instead I just get a black screen for that portion of my video. This doesn't happen when I slow clips down; only when I speed them up.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

I'm using Lagarith-encoded clips, so I know it's not a codec problem. Although I don't think I've tried this effect with HuffYUV...so maybe it IS a codec problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated ^_^

Fuze
Org Profile

Post by Fuze » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:26 pm

I used to do that but it's annoying. Hold Ctrl and click on the edge of the clip on the timeline. The arrow should change icon. You can slow down or speed up the clip like this. I hope this helps

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:43 pm

I edit with Lagarith-encoded clips all the time, and I've never had a problem speeding up my clips. So I don't think it's a codec problem...Hm. I'm sorry I'm not more help. >.<

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:23 pm

I don't even do that, I just change the playback rate rather than the velocity o.0 but I'm a noob so don't really take my word for it. That's just what the guide said to do.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:43 pm

DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:I don't even do that, I just change the playback rate rather than the velocity o.0 but I'm a noob so don't really take my word for it. That's just what the guide said to do.
...How do you change the playback rate?

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:03 am

um what you do is you right click on the clip you want to speed up or slow down.

once you right click on it, a menu should pop up and you click on properties. then near the bottom is the playback rate. it should be a 1.000 or normal speed if you haven't done anything to it.

it you want it to speed up, you have to move the number up. like to 1.100 and do that until you find the right speed. for slowing down you go the other way 0.900 and so on.

the guide has pictures though XD

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”