Compression options for Premiere

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Compression options for Premiere

Post by SrgtWilco » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:31 pm

First off, I'd just like to thank everyone on this forum (especially you, Scintilla) for helping me out with everything - if it weren't for you guys, I'd be stuck right now making fanworks using "Microsoft Word." Anyway, I have just one last question: in the "movie export" part of the process, under the "settings" and "compressor" section, I'm only seeing two compressors, neither of which work that well. How do I get one of my compressors (say, HuffYUV) into this section?

Ciato
Org Profile

Post by Ciato » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:02 pm

In the "General" tab, is your File Type is set to Microsoft AVI?

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:35 am

Ciato wrote:In the "General" tab, is your File Type is set to Microsoft AVI?
Okay, that's good...turns out it was on a Microsoft DV AVI setting...but now when I'm using the HuffYUV compressor, the file that comes out has no audio and reads as being four times larger than it was without...basically, it's a forty-five second video made from DVD files that I need to get under 100 megs, but that's turning out to be 473 megs with the compressor...is there something I'm not doing here?

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:49 am

SrgtWilco wrote:
Ciato wrote:In the "General" tab, is your File Type is set to Microsoft AVI?
Okay, that's good...turns out it was on a Microsoft DV AVI setting...but now when I'm using the HuffYUV compressor, the file that comes out has no audio and reads as being four times larger than it was without...basically, it's a forty-five second video made from DVD files that I need to get under 100 megs, but that's turning out to be 473 megs with the compressor...is there something I'm not doing here?
If it's Huffyuv (or Lagarith) then the files are going to be big, expect it (they are smaller than Uncompressed, which is the other option for quality exports). The next step for distro is this: Encoding DivX 5-Compatible video with XviD 1.0.1+ and this: Compressing your audio to Mp3 for an AVI file.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”