Vdubmod is adware?

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Vdubmod is adware?

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:07 am

Has anyone else gotten the message that virtualdubmod is adware, or did I download a bad version or something? I stuck the program in my virus chest for the time being just to be safe. I can't afford to mess up my computer, even if I am replacing it soon. So, I just want to know, is it safe? Is this normal or should I find another place to download it?
"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." (Potion shop's old woman- LoZ OoT)

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:12 am

Your scanner is malfunctioning. VDubMod, if you got it from SoruceForge or some other reputable place, is not adware.

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:27 am

Hmm, I just uninstalled and reinstalled my scanner recently because the license had run out and had to be renewed. It should be working fine. Maybe I put the security settings too high? :? I actually downloaded vdubmod from the amvapp package, so it should be alright, then, right?
"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." (Potion shop's old woman- LoZ OoT)

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:09 am

UPDATE: I tried that site you mentioned and everything went fine this time. Thanks for telling me about that. Though, someone may want to check the one in amvapp for adware, just in case it's not just my computer.

Melanchthon
Org Profile

Post by Melanchthon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:33 pm

The problem is with changes to the way scanners detect adware, not VDM itself. The version in the AMVApp is perfectly safe.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”