WMM help.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Matwix_2004
Org Profile

WMM help.

Post by Matwix_2004 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:50 am

I didn't know where this should go, so please, don't yell if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways...

I know the clips I want to use, and the audio. The only thing i, how do I get the clips from the DVD into WMM?

Someone told me to get some adobe programs for it, but that costs money, which is what I don't have.

Can you help?
Thanks.
woo, Ok, I'm new at this AMV making, and currently trauling through my music files to find some good sound to go with it.

Taruto!
Org Profile

Post by Taruto! » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:38 am

Firstly, I'm guessing this is in the wrong forum.. try Video Software Help. Someone will probably move this in a while though, so there's no need to repost.

Secondly.. whoever said that you needed Adobe lied to you. You certainly don't need any fancy Adobe programs to rip useable footage. :roll: Footage can be ripped with free downloadable programs - or at least, that's certainly what I use..

Personally, I use (you'll have to look them up since I'm running late as it is):
- DVD Decrypter
Used to rip the dvd content.. they're big files but saves time and keeps quality high. But it's not really necessary to do this and get good quality though, especially not if you haven't got much HDD space, I mainly use it as a precaution and then delete the large files afterwards. Sometimes I don't even bother. But you DO need it if you're ripping protected DVD content.
- DivX DVD Ripper/"DDR"
Used to open VOBs and IFOs ripped/on dvd disc. It's quite a tricky program and takes some getting used to, definately - but once you've got the right input sorted and you've played around with it for a while it's no problem at all and gives great quality results.
- 3viX .avi Codec
Also known as '3viD'. 3viX isn't for everyone but it's the codec I use so I thought I'd add it here incase you wanted to check it out.

And then I import it into Premiere, but it works with most programs, so I'd expect it works with WMM, seeing as pretty much everything else does.
Lemme know if you want more in-depth info with anything I use and I'll be happy to tell you/walk you through it when I get back. :)

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:19 am

Get this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

It'll help, it really does.

Matwix_2004
Org Profile

Post by Matwix_2004 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks you two. I donwloaded DVD decypter, and then decypherd the disk, but I have no idea what to do next. There are no tutorials online, it's been removed from the internet (legal reasons) by the company... 0_0
woo, Ok, I'm new at this AMV making, and currently trauling through my music files to find some good sound to go with it.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:41 am

ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

by_the_flame13
Org Profile

Re: WMM help.

Post by by_the_flame13 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:43 am

Matwix_2004 wrote:I didn't know where this should go, so please, don't yell if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways...

I know the clips I want to use, and the audio. The only thing i, how do I get the clips from the DVD into WMM?

Someone told me to get some adobe programs for it, but that costs money, which is what I don't have.

Can you help?
Thanks.
Okay. I have gone though this problem sooooo much. I decided there had to be another way. Anf this way, is completely free, good quality, takes less time AND is easiar. Go to this tutorial website. It shows you how to use veoh.com to download your footage free, and honestech easy video slicer. It isn't completely up and running yet, but the honetch page is almost finished and the veoh use page is finished. this website is relitively new, and i found it really helpful!

http://www.makeamvs.piczo.com

I hope this helps! Good luck!
Fore every corner cut too fast; for every time that i came last; you always seem to; to find a way.=D

TIME flies LIKE an ARROW. fruit FLIES like A banaNA!!!! ChYa!

by_the_flame13
Org Profile

Re: WMM help.

Post by by_the_flame13 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:44 am

by_the_flame13 wrote:
Matwix_2004 wrote:I didn't know where this should go, so please, don't yell if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways...

Can you help?
Thanks.
Okay. I have gone though this problem sooooo much. I decided there had to be another way. Anf this way, is completely free, good quality, takes less time AND is easiar. Go to this tutorial website. It shows you how to use veoh.com to download your footage free, and honestech easy video slicer. It isn't completely up and running yet, but the honetch page is almost finished and the veoh use page is finished. this website is relitively new, and i found it really helpful!

http://www.makeamvs.piczo.com

I hope this helps! Good luck!
haha sorry about the spelling mistakes!!
Fore every corner cut too fast; for every time that i came last; you always seem to; to find a way.=D

TIME flies LIKE an ARROW. fruit FLIES like A banaNA!!!! ChYa!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:46 am

*Points to Scintilla's post*

sirvayza
Org Profile

Post by sirvayza » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:19 pm

try to find yourself an "APEX" AD-1500 DVD player, then hook it up to your computer and BAM! the apex is wonderfully easy to "engineer" so you can make it Region Free, AND disable macrovision. with macrovision disabled, you can just pop a dvd into the dvd player and take footage directly into your WMM, with or without sound. it's how i get my footage. :D

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:24 pm

sirvayza wrote:try to find yourself an "APEX" AD-1500 DVD player, then hook it up to your computer and BAM! the apex is wonderfully easy to "engineer" so you can make it Region Free, AND disable macrovision. with macrovision disabled, you can just pop a dvd into the dvd player and take footage directly into your WMM, with or without sound.
- Only if you have a capture card on your computer. Most of us don't.
- But why would you WANT to, when you can just rip the footage right off the disc in your computer's DVD drive with no generational quality loss?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”