Texhnolyze MKVs >_<

cheezisgoooood
Org Profile

Texhnolyze MKVs >_<

Post by cheezisgoooood » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:43 pm

Sorry about having to ask, but has anyone tried to convert one of the Kick Ass Anime Texhnolyze MKV files to an AVI using All to AVI GUI? If not can anyone test it out for me? I've tried it on so many settings but it just does not seem to work. When I press execute job it just shows thousands up on thousands of skipped frames and decoding errors. I've tried several options, I tick the "ignore h.264" option and leave the audio stream and mkv with aac options unticked.

I've tried several different codecs and they all do the same thing, and I'm wondering whether the file is just plain broken since it won't play on any media player except for media player classic, or if it's just the type of file that won't work on All to AVI.

Also, for further reference it's episode 1 I'm trying to conver to AVI.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:19 pm

you can convert it using virtualdubmod.
(the regular version doesn't have .mkv support, but vdubmod does)

if that doesn't work then you'll have to write an AviSynth script and load that into virtualdubmod

Code: Select all

directShowSource("path to your file.mkv")

cheezisgoooood
Org Profile

Post by cheezisgoooood » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:31 pm

Kariudo wrote:you can convert it using virtualdubmod.
(the regular version doesn't have .mkv support, but vdubmod does)

if that doesn't work then you'll have to write an AviSynth script and load that into virtualdubmod

Code: Select all

directShowSource("path to your file.mkv")
I tried that, too, and it said I needed the matroska pack, which I know I already have or else I wouldn't be able to play the files in the first place, but I re-downloaded it anyway and the message still comes up.

cheezisgoooood
Org Profile

Post by cheezisgoooood » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:40 pm

Actually, here's what it says when I try to open the first episode of Texhnolyze in VirtualDubMod:

MKV: A Frame of Stream 1 (at 137097 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe broken file)
MKV: A Frame of Stream 1 (at 137097 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe broken file)
MKV: Video frames seems to be weirdly ordered.
MKV: Subtitle stream (3) contains overlapping subtitles. Some of them may not be kept when editing.
MKV: The videomay have a variable framerate. If so we strongly advice you to use another tool to safely process your file.
Couldn't locate decompress for format 'yyyy' (unknown).
VirualDub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codes, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video.

And then nothing plays or is added to anything in the program when I press OK.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:39 pm

cheezisgoooood wrote:Actually, here's what it says when I try to open the first episode of Texhnolyze in VirtualDubMod:

MKV: Video frames seems to be weirdly ordered.
MKV: Subtitle stream (3) contains overlapping subtitles. Some of them may not be kept when editing.
MKV: The videomay have a variable framerate. If so we strongly advice you to use another tool to safely process your file.
Couldn't locate decompress for format 'yyyy' (unknown).
VirualDub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codes, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video.

And then nothing plays or is added to anything in the program when I press OK.
H.264...
I had a mkv file like that
It didn't work in virtualdub mod or mkv tools
The only option i can think of is using Graphedit
It worked with a file i had before.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:11 am

Suggestions for "buying the damn dvds already" are too infrequent here now... we need to keep up apperences and make it look like we're folowing the site's standards when it's this obvious once in a while. :?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Video & Audio Help”