Pack Header Not Found

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Pack Header Not Found

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:19 am

Hey guys, trying to rip Gankutsuou onto my computer but while using DVD Decrypter I can't seem to rip a number of the DVDs. I could rip one and two fine but all the others produce an error reading "Pack Header Not Found" preceeded by a Sector and some five digit numbers.

Anybody know what's going on here and how I can get past it?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:16 am

Sounds like they use a copy protection that isn't recognized by DVD-Decrypter. Try different rippers.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:48 am

If that's the case then I'm at an impass at the moment since Smartripper can't rip them either (It says "Index out of bounds").

Unless somebody else has any other idea what the problem is could you suggest another ripping program other than DVD Decrypter and Smartripper
BANG

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:21 am

Maybe this one? The comment at doom9:
simple ripper that's always updated to handle copy protection by disc corruption mechanisms.
Note: I didn't use it myself. Smartripper worked well for me so far.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:00 pm

I think I fixed it, I manged to rip two discs that didn't work (haven't tried volumes three or four yet).

I got it to work in DVD decrypter by removing cell 2 from the VOB that contains the show. I'm not really certain what that did but it appears the VOBs work without a hitch now.

Any idea what the problem was given that removing Cell 2 gets rid of the error message I posted about?
BANG

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 am

The Wired Knight wrote:I think I fixed it, I manged to rip two discs that didn't work (haven't tried volumes three or four yet).

I got it to work in DVD decrypter by removing cell 2 from the VOB that contains the show. I'm not really certain what that did but it appears the VOBs work without a hitch now.

Any idea what the problem was given that removing Cell 2 gets rid of the error message I posted about?
They probably put a reference to the bad/dummy Cell 2 in the IFO file to mess with standard rippers. I'd suggest using RipIt4Me (which requires having DVD Decrypter and FixVTS installed) to load the proper PSL file into DVD Decrypter to rip the disc then FixVTS to get rid of the dummy cells and other crap.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:30 am

CloneDVD would probably work too. After all, it's made to eliminate the copy protection. So far, whenever DVDDecrypter failed me, CloneDVD was up for the job.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:51 pm

Well I haven't run DVD2AVI yet, (more precisely I haven't produced the d2v files yet). But loading them ito the program seems to be fine (minus of course the typical interlacing issues).

Are you saying that I should get one of these other two programs and rip the dvds again or will I be ok with the vob rips I made by removing cell 2?

Also fast question on a related note. Does anyone know where the patch is for Adobe Premiere Pro so taht I can use avisynth files as source footage? I recently got pro but don't have that patch.
BANG

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:46 am

The Wired Knight wrote:Are you saying that I should get one of these other two programs and rip the dvds again or will I be ok with the vob rips I made by removing cell 2?
The other programs would have done the same thing you did manually (and maybe a few other things, but maybe that was all that was needed), so if they work with no problems then there is no need to re-rip them.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:36 am

The Wired Knight wrote:Also fast question on a related note. Does anyone know where the patch is for Adobe Premiere Pro so taht I can use avisynth files as source footage? I recently got pro but don't have that patch.
It comes with the AMVapp. You shouldn't install the AMVapp during a project, but if you haven't started editing yet (or if you only install the Premiere AVS plugin) you can do it.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “Video & Audio Help”