Final Compression Steps

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Roc_Ragna
Org Profile

Final Compression Steps

Post by Roc_Ragna » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:42 pm

Hello, I am new to the whole "AMV Making" thing, and I have a few questions regarding to the final steps of compression. I've finished my first AMV via Adobe Premier Pro. Now, from what I could see from the guides, it would be best to: Step One - Export AMV as an uncompressed file. Step Two - Open VirtualDubMod & compress as a file (I plan on using an MPEG4 codec). Correct me if I'm wrong. - Roc_Ragna

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:54 pm

1. Thank you so much for reading the guides before coming here and asking questions. Seriously. You wouldn't believe how many people around here neglect to do this.

2. Yeah, that's the process. Though to clarify, your first export doesn't have to be uncompressed, it just has to be lossless. Therefore, codecs such as HuffYUV and Lagarith will also work (but no XviD/DivX/MPEG-anything).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Roc_Ragna
Org Profile

Post by Roc_Ragna » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:32 pm

Thanks! I just wanted to clarify. As for reading the guides, I actually found them while working on a school project. I found them fascinating, so I worked with them for a few weeks until I got the hang of them. I just now decided to join the forum community and start work on AMV's..

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”