Ogg audio issues w/ Vdubmod

andyzhang2
Org Profile

Ogg audio issues w/ Vdubmod

Post by andyzhang2 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:59 am

I'm pretty new in using vdub mod, and i'm not sure what kind of audio tweaks are neccessary, but here is my problem:

I selected a stream and disabled the rest. When i preview the output, the audio is there, and it displays the size of the audio being processed and all. But when i actually hit save, under audio, it always says 0kb, and the file has perfectly fine video, but no audio.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:58 am

ogg is not supported in an avi container. you may fave to re-encode the audio to wav or mp3

andyzhang2
Org Profile

Post by andyzhang2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:39 am

is that doable within vdubmod? As in, convert the audio then re-attach it to the video? I don't want to have to use the editing program to match the video and audio...

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:07 am

It's surprisingly easy. If you are extracting/converting the video and audio from a MKV file to an AVI, first load the MKV into VirtualDubMod. Then follow the steps for using LameACM to compress your audio to MP3 as shown in EADFAG here: Using LameACM to Compress your Audio in VirtualDubMod, disabling any unneeded streams. Now go to File > Save As... The Save as type: should be AVI as default. Change the Video Compression settings as needed, then click Save.

At the worst case, you'd have to have VirtualDubMod output the audio as a WAV file and then re-import it into VDM, use the LameACM to compress it into MP3 audio then mux it into the final AVI file. OR convert the WAV to MP3 with BeSweet then mux it with VDM.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

andyzhang2
Org Profile

Post by andyzhang2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:16 pm

bah, it says it's a vorbis stream and i have to demux it. It wont let me do the compression or save as a wav. Are there any free audio converters i could use for ogg-wav/mp3? I don't think besweet can do that.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:07 am

Try loading the MKV file through AviSynth via an AVS script and trying the compression method again.

BeSweet should be able to convert OGG files, although I've never tried it myself...
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

andyzhang2
Org Profile

Post by andyzhang2 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:02 pm

cool thanks

Return to “Video & Audio Help”